Chapter 12

Mitch's Pov

I was devastated the kids had to be taken from us again. But now, we were even more desperate to have them back with us. It had been about 2 days since David had been arrested and the police had called us numerous times to let us know what they had found. They had found Freddie at David's old flat and he was fine apart from a couple of bruises and a bit of a cough as the apartment where they had been staying wasn't in much better shape than their old house. They had also identified that David was not their uncle and that his real name was David Harvey. He was one of Mark's (Kids Dad) old friends that he had paid to take the kids.

Suddenly the phone rang

"Babe, can you get that please", Scott yelled from upstairs as he was still getting ready.

"Yeah I got it!"

"Hello", I said as I answered the phone.

"Hello, this is detective Koop, I'm calling about the Johnson family case."

"Oh, yes is there any news?"

"Well the court hearing is tomorrow and the kids need to be with under adult supervision the whole time and seeing as they are already comfortable around you and you are witnesses, would it be possible for them to stay with you from today until after the court hearin-"

"YES!! I mean sorry, yes that's fine"

"Okay thank you Mr Grassi, I will inform the care home and hopefully get them sent over."

"Okay thank you detective", I said as I put down the phone and started jumping around.

"Hey, what's going on?", Scott said coming downstairs

I rushed to him immediately. "That was the police. They said the kids need to be with an adult throughout the court case so their being placed with us until it's over!", I said excitedly

Scott screamed and picked me up, twirling me in circles, then holding me close to his chest as we both cried in tears of joy. It was only a few days, but it met we had a better chance of getting to adopt them when all of this was over.

"Wait, when will they be over?"

"In a few hours hopefully"

"Shit, Mitch we need to tidy this place up"

Over the past week or so, with all that had been going on, the house was a bit of a mess seeing as we had been moping around and saving kids. There had been no time to clean.

"Fuck you're right, I'll get started downstairs and you do the upstairs."

"Alright baby, love you", Scott said giving me a kiss and heading upstairs

"Love you too!"

It took me and Scott about 2 hours to clean fully, making sure everything was perfect.

"Now we wait?", I asked

"Yup, I'm gonna make a coffee, want one?"

"Was there even any point in asking?"

"True"

"I'll come with you"

We walked into the kitchen and Scott turned on the coffee machine, before turning back to me. I was leaning against the counter so Scott stood between my legs and then picked me up and placed me on the counter. This way, we were at the same level.

"You know, you're gonna be a great mommy", Scott said tucking a loose bit of hair back into place.

"Hey, who said I was a mommy?", I said giving Scott a questioning look

"I did", he said sliding me closer to him and pulling me in for a kiss.

We kissed for a while before thee coffee machine beeped, causing us to jump and pull away from each other and chuckling.

"For the record, I don't mind at all what the kids are gonna call you, you're gonna be amazing regardless", he said

"So will you, daddy", I said mockingly, causing him to chuckle.

Then the doorbell rang. I immediately pushed Scott off me and jumped off the counter running to the door as Scott ran behind. I instantly opened the door to see Robyn and Rosie smiling widely at me and Scott.

"SCOTTIE!" Rosie exclaimed and jumped into Scott's arms.

Robyn dropped her bags and burst into tears as I pulled her in for a massive hug. Nicole stood at the door holding Freddie and smiling at us.

"Right", she said, carefully passing Freddie to me. "I'm sorry but I've gotta go. All their stuff is in their bags so they should be okay until they come back. Also thank you guys so much for looking after them and I'll come get them the morning after the hearing"

"Okay thanks so much", I said as she made her way towards her car.

I closed the door and turned back round to see Scott cuddling Rosie and Robyn stood smiling at them. He turned her attention towards me before hugging me again

"I missed you so much!" she whispered

"We missed you too, more than you could imagine."

"Right, shall we take your stuff upstairs?" Scott said, grabbing one of the bags as Robyn nodded and took the other one. In followed behind carrying Freddie upstairs to let him take a nap.

We got the girls stuff sorted in the room they shared before and headed back downstairs.

A/N Sorry this chapter was shorter but I tried to put more scomiche shit in this chapter. hope you like it :)