Chapter 7

Mitch’s Pov

“Hey!” Kirstie exclaimed as she walked through the door.

“Hey girl”, I replied “sorry about that”

“Like we care!” She said smiling.

“So guys, can we talk to you for a minute”, Scott asked, nervously.

“Yeah sure, what’s up?” Avi asked while everyone sat round the kitchen table. Me and Scott sat next to each other, whilst Kirstie, Kevin and Avi sat opposite.

“Well where to start!” I said

We explained as best we could what had gone on and that the kids were going to stay with us until we sort out what would happen.

“Okay so where are they?” Kevin asked

“They're in the lounge, I'll go get them, but heads up, they'll probably be kinda shy”. Scott explained as he got up.

“Are you sure about this Mitch?!” Kirstie asked.

“Well we don't know what's gonna happen so we'll look after them for now and then see what happens. But they're so sweet and me and Scott kinda promised Rosie she could stay if we could keep them”, I said smiling nervously.

“Okay Mitch, whatever works best. We'll support you and Scott no matter what”.

“Thanks! You guys are the best!” I exclaimed.

Scott walked into the kitchen, Freddie in his arms Rosie attached to his leg, and Robyn hidden behind him. I got up and took Freddie, gently, sitting back down with him. The room filled with “awws” from Kirstie, Kevin and Avi.

Rosie then started making grabby hands at Scott, so he picked her up and she buried her head in his chest. I gestured for Robyn to come and sit next to me. She walked over and sat down next to me.

“Hey, you’re Robyn, right?” Kirstie asked.

Robyn gave a small nod, clearly nervous.

“Right, ” I said breaking the ice, “lunch?”

Everyone agreed and I handed Freddie to Kirstie as I went to get everyone lunch. Scott came to help as he had left Rosie with Avi, who was currently playing with his long beard. Kevin was trying to make small talk with Robyn, however it was clear Robyn wasn’t too keen on the idea and sat on her hands,looking down at her lap. Me and Scott then handed everyone a bowl of mac and cheese.

“YUM!” Kirstie yelled, startling Freddie and causing him to wail loudly.

I quickly took him from Kirstie who apologized sincerely and I took him upstairs to take a nap.

Scott’s Pov

I sat down next to Robyn, who subtly shuffled her chair a bit closer as Avi placed Rosie on the seat between him and Kirstie.

“Heya!” Mitch said, walking back from upstairs. I walked past me, leaning down to kiss my cheek before sitting down next to me.

We all started eating, before Rosie let out a scream, startling everyone.

“What's the matter?” Kirstie asked.

“Hot”, Rosie replied pointing at her food.

“Oh no” Kirstie said overdramatically, lifting her fork and blowing it (don't) cooling it down before feeding it to Rosie who smiled in thanks.

Once everyone was finished, I asked Robyn whether Rosie usually have a nap, she nodded, so I got up and walked over to her seat.

“Come on little one, let's go take a nap”, I said, lifting her from her seat.