3.Surprise Bomb!

Ahaan's P.O.V:

Days were passing simply after Maya returned as my bodyguard. Things have changed a lot. Somewhat 3 weeks after  her arrival my life seems all settled. No more secretory changes no more security problem, things seems more smooth and promising.

I was sitting in my room when suddenly I heard my Grandfather calling all of us down. He usually doesn't like doing that. Maya was busy playing with kids. I asked her to take care of the family the same way as she takes care of my works.

I walked down stairs and saw all the men of the family already gathered. Ruman bhai was sitting on the right of Dad while Ravish bhai was sitting on the left of him.

"Ahaan, can you make it fast please?" Dad asked.

"Coming!" I replied and ran towards him taking my seat beside Dadaji.

"First of all as we all know, Mirajgarh is growing rapidly good and after all Ruman is the King! But I wonder what about extending our empire? I know Ravish is least interested in these ruling business but Ahaan? I don't think Zohrab is beyond our reach!" He said winking and that is when I realised we finally cracked the deal winning the election and being the over all Ruling Family of Zohrab!

"Really!" Ruman bhai shouted and all of us stared at him. For a few minutes all began to celebrate and congratulate each other but the very next minute, Dadaji shook the Whole Villa.

"I know we are all really happy with this good news, but with every new bonding comes responsibilities and I hope you know that. Ahaan, to take over the throne, you need to fulfil certain needs. Are you ready for them?" He asked keeping his hand on my lap.

"What kind of needs?" I questioned and Dadaji stared at me dumbfounded.  What? I really don't know! Stop giving me those looks.

"There are 3 major conditions! The first is to be a royal blooded and you fulfil that already. The second is to be perfectly graduate and you must posses good leadership quality and no doubt you are a good leader." Dadaji said.

"But, you still haven't fulfilled the third condition." Dad interrupted.

"And what is that?" I asked. Why am I even asking when I know it already. C'mon all the discussions end on the same topic.

"You don't have a queen with you yet!" Papa said and I buried my face in my palms.

"But dad! I don't think we need that!" I tried to protest but elders being elders got me this time.

"You know Ahaan, you are 28 and soon all girls will call you uncle and I mean it with all." Ruman bhai murmured in my ears eying towards Maya and my face turned red. What the? Why are they targeting her?

"Ahaan beta, I have seen Ravish's daughter, I have seen Ruman's twins now I don't want to die without seeing your kids." Dadaji taunted and I raised my brows at him.

"Do whatever you guys want!" I said and turned back to walk towards my room again.

"Alright wake up at 6 in the morning tomorrow, we have to go to the bride's house for engagement. I don't want to delay claiming Zohrab!" Dad said with his determined voice and my jaw dropped to floor. Engagement? Tomorrow? No!

I gave them all an irritated look and ran back to my room.

"May I come in sir?" Maya asked knocking the door.

"Yeah please." I replied.

"Sir I have completed all my work, your files and meeting for the next 2 weeks are set." She said.

"So what?"

"So, I was asking, if... if I could get a leave of 2 weeks please?" She asked playing with her scarf's end. Her blue eyes were making it hard for me to deny.

"Alright! But I hope you come back soon." I replied giving her an assuring smile.

"Thanks a lot!" She jumped on her feet and left the room.

____

"Ahaan! Ahaan! Nunu! What are you doing? Get up!" I heard that stupid Nimu shouting on top her voice.

"Go away!" I murmured.

"Ahaan! Get up!" She shouted and I ignored again.

"Alright! As you wish!" She said and suddenly from no where I felt something soft above me. Something furry, something, what the! "Nimu! Take her away!" I shouted on seeing her cat walking on me.

"Hahaha! Now that's like my good boy!" She said and snatched my blanket.

"What are you doing here this early?" I asked her.

"Early? It's 6.30 already and I hope you know we're to leave for... you know.."

"Oh damn! Why didn't you wake me early! Dad is going to kill me today! And where is Maya? Why didn't she..." I paused realising I gave her leave last night. I ran to the bathroom and took a quick shower. I wore a red colour shirt and paired it with a black denim jeans. I combed my hair and drank my cold coffee peacefully.

A few minutes later, I sensed someone trying to open the door of my room.

"Who is there?" I asked.

"Chachu!" I heard Rudeeha's baby voice.

"Yes my little baby. Wait I'll open the door." I said and opened the door for her. I picked her up in my arms and took her inside.

"What is my princess doing here?" I asked her.

"Chachu, you ale getting me Chachi?" She asked in her baby voice.

"I don't know!" I replied.

"Maira appi was willing to talk to you. She told me about Chachi!" She replied and my face turned to a frown. I don't even remember when was the last I saw her face. I have just talked to her all these years.

"Chachu!" She called out again bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Let's go down! Everyone is waiting." I told her picking her up in my arms and walked us downstairs.

I was greeted as if a king just stepped down. Madeeha bhabhi is such a drama queen and her twins are exactly her copy. They were throwing flower petals over me and those faces were so alarming!

'Run for your life Ahaan!' My inner voice mocked. I swear for the first time I agree with myself.
_______________________________________

***

How was the update?

Did you like the chapter?

Which part was your favourite?