19.

Leaving is easy when its something you don't like but I guess maybe he felt like home, that's why I never wanted him to leave. Ahaan had taken his hand back from me and now all I had was this prison. My wound was still bleeding and I didn't had anything to cover it. I tore the sides of my kurti and tried to press it against the scar to stop the blood.
"Get up!" A guard slammed the door of my cage.
"Get your first aid done." He said sending in the royal nurse.
"Leave the tools, I'll do it." I said.
"Your attitude doesn't suit a prisoner. Let the lady do her work." He ordered. The nurse came close to me and took a closer look at the wound.
"I might need to stitch the ends." She told the guard.
"An injection for tetanus as well." She added.
"Its a minor wound lady, I have had worse. This will heal on it's own." I told her.
"This will catch infection young woman. Your pretty face is already messed up, let me stop it right here." The nurse urged.
I allowed her to stitch the wound and inject me. My life was all a mess already but still all my focus was how Ahaan never for once trusted me. It was all my fault, I brought Samar into the palace and now it's all because of me the whole family and the two kingdoms were about to suffer.
"I'll bring you something to eat." The guard said before locking me behind the bars. I was staring at all the other prisoners, some enjoying among themselves while some had guilt on their faces. I didn't scream a single time when the nurse ran her needle through my flesh. She had managed to keep it as small as she could but I  could still feel it stretch right below the corner of my right eyes attached to the nose down to my ears. Before I could even begin to sink in what was happening to me, the world in front of me had darkened already.

____

4 weeks later:

I had a really severe pain the next time when I woke up. My head felt heavy as if someone was hammering it. I wasn't sure of where I was but it was all dark. I looked around and cried for help but nobody answered. My hair were all a mess and my face was a disaster. My body felt weak and I wasn't able to stand on my own.

"Is somebody there? Can I get water, please?" I asked.
Nobody answered. I wasn't aware of what time it was or how long it has been since I was arrested. I would here footsteps every now and then, I would here people crying and I would here people yelling. Some would want to leave and some would beg for mercy. This place was a kind of hell, the only one human can adjust in though.

I heard footsteps coming towards my cage, I had scars all over my body, I was beaten by a leash everyday and made to confirm the allegations over me. A bottle rolled inside the prison and it did had water. I was thirsty for a very long time and with long I mean long enough to forget when was the last time I drunk it. I caught the bottle as soon as I could, open it and drank till I could get the last drop out. I had it held above my head and I was crumbling it to get everything out when my eyes met a pair of eyes watching me.

"The Ash queen is having her supper, is she?" Samar asked.
I didn't answer her rather threw the bottle at her. She dodged it and laughed out loud.
"Careful young woman, these guards will kill you on just a single word from me." She said.
"What do you want now?" I murmured.
"Revenge." She gritted her teeth.
"Your sister was killed by Shumaila, she is in prison as well." I said.
"She was supposed to die. Don't you know. This palace is a curse for twins. When you began serving for Sabir your twin sister died, Madeeha married in this house and her cousins, Crystin and Crystal the twins came to visit her, poor Crystal died. When I heard Sufiya was going to stay here I knew either she or I would end up dead, so I'm kind of happy it was her." She laughed.
"What kind of a woman are you? What do you want? What revenge?" I yelled at her.
"I'm here to destroy Ahaan and avenge my sister's death but that's half of the plan, I want Zohrab and Mirajgarh as well. I need to find my father." She yelled back.
"I know where your father is." I faked laughter.
"In your dreams." She said as she began to leave.
"I was a damn spy Samar, I injected a tracker in his body. I know exactly where he is right now." I snapped.
"And you'll tell me if?" She asked.
"If you get me out of here." I replied.
"That's not something I can do I will do ever." She said.
"I know, after all the queen doesn't have the right to interfere in prison." I smiled.
"Take your medicine and go back to sleep." She ordered.
"I won't." I denied.
"Then I'll make them inject you. If you don't take these drugs, how will you sleep and how will I be free to work. You know I'm horrified by you, who knows what tricks or friends you might have in here. So c'mon hurry up and take your pills, I have so much stuff to do." She said throwing a water bottle and some tablets towards me.
This was her favorite work, every two days, she would come in give me these pills or inject me just to make sure I don't cause her any harms.