18. What Love can do

My voice had already choked in my own throat, I had nothing to react. What grandpa said made no sense but only one. And if it was true I really was in trouble.
"Grandpa...I..." I tried speaking but the tears kept flowing so harsh my vision became blur.
He gently squeezed my hand and patted my back before standing up.
"A broken woman alone in this world leads to a terrible kind of justice." He advised and left me alone in the study room. I heard a thud sound and turned back to find my so called sister standing behind the door.

"He is right, a broken woman ALONE in this bizarre world does end up leading everyone else to a terrible kind of justice." She said.
"Who are you?" I asked still dealing with the news of my sister's death years back.
"A twin. Not yours, don't worry." She said and I knew exactly who she was.
"Why are you here?" I asked her as I gained control over my body and senses.
"I'm here to destroy this family, and especially Ahaan." She said.
"And who is letting you do this?" I smiled wiping my tears. My sister's life was a waste if she actually gets her hand over this family.
"You. You yourself helped me. Brought me into the house, helped me get into a marriage with Ahaan and now you yourself are giving me Zohrab." She laughed.
"Yeah right." I said and laughed along with her. My brain had stopped working and it was probably the right time my body took the control. I grabbed her and kicked her in abdomen making her fall down on the floor. She wasn't anything less, she got up again and punched me back. We got into a pretty bad fight and in no time half of the study room was on the floor.

Soon the whole Royal Mansion was in the same room because of the noise and I was being held back by the guards while that duplicate girl stayed free. I was shocked but then I thought Ahaan would save me. And he did come in at the right time.

"What is going on here?" He asked me and went to make sure if the duplicate girl was fine.
"What are you doing? You're supposed to be at my side!" I yelled at him while everyone gave me weird looks.
"And why exactly? You attacked me Maya, everyone saw it. Ahaan didn't I tell you she is jealous of us being together." She said as she began to cry.
"Aana, calm down. Will you care to explain?" He scared me with his voice.
"I need to give explanation?" I asked him confused. "...And she told you I was jealous, and you believed her?" I added.
"It clearly looks like that. And who are you to back question him. A mere servant. I told you about her intentions. Remove her veil and you'll know if I'm right or not." She kept on yelling.
"What an actress! Ahaan trust me, please. She is lying. She is not your Ahana. Trust me Ahaan." I pleaded.
"Right now she has the face of my Ahana and she is standing right here in front of me while you've a covered face. How do I even trust you Maya?" Ahaan questioned. Nothing had felt this worst.
"Ahaan she is... she is not Ahana, she is Samar." I cried and finally said her name. Samar, the second face of terror and daughter of Siraj.
"Maya what is wrong with you, look at her, she is Ahana, remember, my fiancee?" Ahaan yelled at me again.
"Ahaan remove her veil and you'll know I wasn't lying to you. She really is here with some plan. Remember I gave you that video tape, I wasn't lying. She works for Siraj." Samar smirked.
"Alright. Remove her veil." Ahaan ordered.
"Nobody dares step a foot forward." I shouted.
"Ahaan I don't care what others think of me but you know me. You know me since the beginning. What are you doing? And there's a tape? What tape? What is this going on?" I kept crying to him. My cries were easily audible to all the walls but not to his ears.
"Prove it. Remove your veil, what is there to hide?" He asked and stepped forward towards me.
"Maya, I command you, remove your veil." He ordered me again.
"I'll only remove this veil in front of someone who defeats me or if he is someone I can trust and in this situation you look like neither of them to me." I faked laughter.
"I don't want to fight you." He said as he took out the dagger I gifted him and teared my scarf leaving a mark on my face. The pieces of my scarf fell down from my face along with the blood drops. My tears had dried by now and I was frozen in my place. The only person I trusted stabbed me with the same dagger I gifted him.
I looked down and placed my palms on my eyes. I slowly removed both my contact lenses and slyly looked upto his eyes. I opened my hair from the bun because I knew this was all going to go against me.
I tilted my head gave out a sigh as I looked back into his eyes. My tears began to flow down my cheeks again mixing with the blood from the cut over my face. My Ahaan was standing right in front of me with his stone heart all disgusted by my face.
"See! I told you. I told you she is here with my face. Her plan was to kidnap me and then marry you as me. She also wanted to ruin Zohrab. Yesterday when I pretended to be rude with the refugees she came to my room and warned me that she'll marry you." Samar screamed on top of her voice. All her allegations seemed so true even I wanted to believe them.
"Maya what is all this?" Ruman asked me.
"Maya please say something." Madeeha tried to pull me up.
"Madeeha don't trust her. She gave you that diary to disguise you and she threatened me saying now Madeeha is on my side, she'll never understand the truth." Samar added.
"Maya?" Madeeha asked me again.
"What diary?" Ruman asked Madeeha.
"This diary." Madeeha said picking it out from her locker of the study room.
"I gifted this to Ahana. I found out that Ahana had a twin sister and she was supposed to go for training of being a spy and bodyguard but because she met with an accident Ahana had to take her place and become Maya. That's how she ended up here. And that she is the real Ahana." Madeeha said and everyone looked at Samar again but I guess again, it was my destiny at fault.
"She lied to you. Here's the real diary. That's a duplicate one." Ahaan said showing the same diary.
"Anything you want to add now?" Ahaan asked showing me the diary.
I gave a faint laugh, wiped all my tears. The cut on my face was still bleeding but the pain was nothing compared to what my heart was going through.
"This is what love has done to us,
You don't care, and now, I don't want to care." I said surrendering my batch.
"Arrest her." Ahaan ordered and I walked away smiling.

________

Is the confusion about who is who clear now?
The thing was, Maya is actually Ahaan's childhood bestfriend Ahana. She is pretending to be her twin sister Maya who was supposed to go for special training to fulfill her father's promise but because she met with an accident, the real Ahana that is our very own Maya decided to do the job by changing her name. Now years later she had no clue about her sister or family and her family also didn't know about the change so nobody actually gave her any hint about her sister's death just to make sure she doesn't get distracted. Thus, Samar, Siraj's daughter used this opportunity, contacted our Maya and became her fake sister. Now we know that in reality Ahana's real sister Maya is dead and Ahana is pretending to be Maya and Samar has got a plastic surgery done to use all this as a part of her plan.