21. Heartbeats

Things happen so we could adjust with them and learn from them, in my case they happen because they want to not to teach lessons or anything, just to mess up with me. After all, I have been inviting trouble all my life now. I was happy to be back with Humair, it was satisfying to be back with him. Humair and Ahaan were best friends and I was the only reason they had ever argued with. I was shocked that he helped me while Samar is already there in Ahaan's house with my face, how come he trusts me?
"Diner's ready." He said giving me a smile.
"Its 2am. Where did you get this from?" I asked him smelling the mesmerizing scent coming from Instant noodles.
"I cooked them. Come and eat quietly now. We have a lot to talk about." He said kissing my forehead.
"You don't have to this. Its risky enough you got me out, rest is my own road." I told him sitting beside him on the Sofa.
He looked at me and smiled softly, "It was bad enough I allowed you to attempt all this alone once, I'm not putting my princess in trouble again. I want to know what happened, everything." He ordered politely.
"Love, I guess." I sighed.
The noodles in his throat choked him badly on hearing me talk about it. He coughed repeatedly before rolling on the floor laughing.
"Love? Which idiot dared to make you think of that?" He laughed again.
"Shut up! Besides, he is the only one who has been doing this since forever." I answered.
"Ahaan! That bastard! I knew he always wanted my Kheer." Humair rolled his eyes.
"What?" I asked confused.
"Nothing. But isn't he supposed to marry you? Why would he lock you up?" He asked.
"I made terrible mistakes. You remember when we were young Madeeha got into an accident with her Grandparents and Ravish's father where all of them died except her? Well, it turns out it was a planned murder. Siraj Ullah did that for some family rivalry and later his daughter Sufiya tried to coax Ahaan. She got successful but somehow ended up dead. 3 years later we find I'm Ahaan's secretary and these people have no clue Sufiya was a threat and Ahaan is a romeo after her. As if this wasn't enough Ahaan's marriage gets fixed with me but I can't marry him because of duty so I end up asking my twin sister to take my place. And guess what, I get tricked and find out my twin sister died 4 years ago and the girl actually is Sufiya's twin sister who got plastic surgery done to look like me and ended up getting me into her trap. Bottom line, I'm the one who messed up and I'm the one buried below the mess too." I sighed.
"Samar Siraj Ullah?" He asked.
"Do you know her?" I ask him.
"Who doesn't know her? Second face of terror." He bluffed.
"You'll never change." I laughed.
"How did you get to me?" I added.
"I went to meet Ahaan a few days back. The girl with him came out and was introduced as Ahana. It took me 2 minutes to realise it wasn't you. If it would have been you, I would have died with jealousy when Ahaan held your hand." He said smiling sheepishly.
"Ahaan held her hand?" I banged the table standing up in anger.
"I was going to die for you and you are concerned about them holding hands? Seriously?" Humair joked.
"That bloody bitch! I'm going there now!" I said rushing towards the door in anger.
I was all tempted up to smash her head between my hands but before I could do that I found I was locked in two tight arms already.
"Its a windy night, 2am and that palace has a history of twin murders. Stay at home tonight, we'll figure out something tomorrow." Humair said pulling me back inside the house.
"No. I want to go now else he'll marry her." I cried.
"Marry her? Wait? Are they already married? It's been a month already! And you're in Mirajgarh that means surely they are married. Did I fail?" I added ranting.
"No, they're not married. Relax. Grandpa decided to let the things get back to normal pace so he wanted to wait for another month. The wedding is 2 days from now." Humair gasped and I finally took a relief of sigh.
"But then why are you in town? To attend?" I questioned.
"Not for them. But I heard that bastard was trying to marry you and while I'm alive my princess can't actually marry that bull." He answered.
"You're too much. Always full of sweet words." I said hugging him before leaving to go for bed.
Life's been a mess lately but I have been smiling and laughing a lot in the past 2 hours. With Humair, there's no pain left I need to look up for. He has always been this way, fun and chill. Too bad I can't give him what he wants. When I went to train he was the only guy who knew about my little swiping secret and yet he agreed to support me. He tried his best to make sure I fall for him but destiny is such a great rose plant, can never let the rose be with another rose but will always grow them between thorns. Even when I was not in touch with Ahaan, Humair was there. Always by my side and this is what he has brought upon himself now.
Humari didn't had a family name left or family money left, he was all a self made man after his parents passed away while he was still a child. Sabir uncle paid for his studies while he stayed with me in the same house for a few years.

Ahaan was still too stubborn to reconsider what he was doing and now that I was out of the jail, Samar would definitely want to get married the first thing in the morning after all she is Samar Siraj Ullah, the undefeated.

_______

Quick question:
Are the updates too short?
Is the story making any sense?
Do you guys like this couple better 🤣😂✔