28. Humair's fate

A little baby can play games better than destiny because destiny just keeps on messing up things. Finally I had answers, the answers that I needed but who knew they were going to cost me someone's life. I was sitting heartbroken outside the operation theater. Humair was walking back and forth trying his best to keep his calm. His whole dress was covered with Samar's blood. She was in the operation theater for more than 2 hours now, lying lifeless, struggling for every single breath. Doctors told us she had lost a lot of blood and her face was also destroyed when Siraj attacked her. She had no clue about anything, not even about the fact that her father had died. Honestly it was all my fault, I made her choose this path unintentionally and now here she was fighting death. Humair was troubled but it wasn't the way he should be. He was still concerned about me and it was making me furious. Why are boys this way, idiot and stubborn? Can't he actually see, all of this that she did was for him. Samar was never on the bad side, she was just another case of love that was pulling her by her feet. Well, as Humair says, Love is innocent and it commits terrible mistakes.
I was lost in my thoughts when Ahaan came back with two cups of coffees. He was still in his Sherwani but it was blooded. He gave a cup to me and forwarded one to Humair which he denied. All this while everyone was at home taking care of the royal guests. Soon a police officer came and asked Ahaan to give him the details of the event. I was once again alone with Humair. I asked him to come sit beside me which he eventually agreed to. He was sitting staring at his feet while his whole body was sweating.
"You know, when you love someone and they're in trouble, you can't even sit relaxed." I told him. He ignored my words the same way as he ignored Samar.
"You know untill Samar came up and began her trick of disguising me by being my twin sister, I had never realised that I actually was in love with Ahaan. In my wildest dreams I would have never thought I would fall for him, I knew I liked him but I never knew he was the one ruling my heart since maybe forver." I sighed. He gave a faint laugh and looked at me struggle for words.
"You don't have to do this. It's not upto us to decide for our hearts. It was never that easy. Even if we have found the best one for us, our heart would always say otherwise and make us do what it thinks is right. I know she is an intelligent girl, smart and sweet as well, trust me she is. I have never seen an innocent girl like her in my entire life, she had more beautiful soul than you and I totally adored her. But not in the way I adored you. You were the reason I managed to live after my parents died. You were the one who held my hand and helped me walk again when I got my knee replaced. Ahana it's not my fault nor hers, it's this stupid heart that doesn't like seeing anyone but you." He sighed looking away from me. I was taken a back and I was speechless as well. How come someone be so clear in such a situation. He should be struggling but here he is saying that Samar might be better than me but he still loves me. What an idiot?
"I have to go." I said standing up and walking out to the garden of the hospital. Humair kept on staring at the doors of operation theater and the weird thing was, pain was evident in his eyes.
"Its cold out here madam." Ahaan said walking towards me. Well, I guess, time to finally face him, time to finally face my reality.
I gave him a smile as he stood right in front of me. I was scared to even think what was going to happen. My eyes were still teary and the mark on my face was yelling at me to murder him but as Humair says, when we are in love, we are mostly in control of our heart.
"How did it go with the inspector?" I asked.
"It was fine. He is an old friend of Ruman. He already knew about Siraj so it wasn't a big problem." He told me sliding my hair behind my ear. I was still angry at him but his touch made sure I freeze at my place, rock solid.
"Okay." I said smiling. I began to walk away slowly when I sensed his grip on my arm.
"Where are you going?" He asked.
"For a walk, I don't feel really comfortable in hospitals." I lied.
"I know." He said giving me a smile. He freed my arm pulling back his hand and waited for me to respond. I was confused so I decided to walk again when I heard his voice again,
"I'm sorry." He said. I stopped and turned around to find him standing at the same place holding his ears.
"Ahana, I know I was wrong. I know I gave you this mark thinking you're someone else but trust me even then my heart wanted me to pierce my own self. Every second in that palace without you seemed like ages and the fact that I knew something was wrong had totally brought me off guard. I even called Humair to inform him about my wedding so that he would come back rushing on hearing your name. I was afraid Ahana, I wanted to make sure we get them arrested and for that it was really needed they believed me." He ranted. I saw Humair coming towards us. I stepped closer to Ahaan making sure Humair saw us, I wanted to give him a reason to move on.
"Humair said you have a picture of me in your wallet? Why?" I asked. He took a step closer colliding her bodies.
"Not every Whys are worth answering and why I have your picture in my wallet, that's not even a question. I might have had loved Sufiya with all my heart and might have actually been under her effect all this time but whatever it was, it was because I knew I could never get you. And when I was told that I'm getting engaged to you my mind, my heart and even my soul felt so relieved. You were everything that I ever wanted, how come I not be happy when I know I'm meant to be with you, forever?" He asked making home in my eyes.
"Forever?" I asked pulling him towards me by his collar.
"Forever." He said wrapping his arms around my waist as I pulled him closer and kissed his lips. He slowly moved his hands towards my face and pulled me in. I felt complete, I felt whole. I was nowhere in the mood to let go of him not today, not ever. My eyes were closed all this time feeling every ounce of him. He slowly freed me from his hold and took a good look of my face. He kissed the mark and then wrapped me in his arms. I saw Humair staring at both of us, he matched my gaze as I wrapped my arms around Ahaan and he walked away leaving us alone.
Sometimes, you have to hurt the people you love only to make them realise their own feelings.

_____

Is Ahana right for what she did to Humair?
Should Ahaan be forgiven?
What do you think is coming for Samar and Humair?
Share your views and hit the star 🥀♠️