12.Secrets

Madeeha's P. o. v

I was so excited about the news of Ahaan getting married finally. Allah! I was head over heels for all the preparation. I needed to go to the market, then to the beauty parlour and then to the jeweller and then to get him some husbands charms from the love of my life.

"Where are you going, sweetie?" Ruman asked as I danced down the stairs, "Someone is in a good mood today?"

"Shut up, I need you to do a job for me which requires a lot of patience, so just buck up, now!" I told him, practically dragging him along.

He looked at me bewildered, "Please don't tell me it has anything tk do with that newly engaged idiot." I started at his face blankly before snapping at him, "Dear husband, you're nothing different from him. I want you to go teach him some husbands charms if you don't want me to divorce you!"

Ruman's jaw dropped down teasingly while his arms wrapped me in his hold, "my little wifey, get a grip on your wild dreams. You want me to teach these things to my little brother for your best friend?" He teased as I punched him in the gut, "Yuck! Rumi! How dare you spite such nonsense, ewe! I just want you to help him be a little gentle in general." I frowned.

"How gentle?" He lifted up his brows getting closer to me totally pushing me to a corner, "How about we start a little something and you can stop me at the right amount of gentle according to you and I'll go teach him that."

My cheeks flushed red, apparently, my husband's charms were practically unbeatable, "Stop." I said abruptly closing my eyes.

"I literally haven't even started yet." He brushed his breath over my face sliding down to my neck, "Goodness, we are in the dining hall, c'mon, stop it." I blushed, mumbling the right words, "your body says something else, my queen." His lips touched the skin of my now extended backwards neck giving him full access to what he referred to as something else.

Finally trying to control my stupid hormones that can never get enough of his extremely gorgeous body, I pushed him away offering, "Let's stop here and continue when you return from the royal court, deal?" His frowned face lightened up all of sudden as he came forward to kiss my forehead and left winking at me. This stupid king, no, my stupid king. 

I was planning my to-do list once again in my mind when I saw Maya walking out of the house as something fell from her bag.

"Maya? Maya?" I called out to her but she didn't listen.

I walked down the stairs and saw it was a dairy. I picked it up and my jaw dropped.  This wasn't any new dairy. I gave this to Ahana when I met her last, years back. What is this dairy doing with her? What is the connection between these two?

"Madeeha! Rumad is crying. Can you come over here?" Raman calls out for me.

"Coming," I reply still lost in my thoughts. I walk back to my room and find Ruman struggling to make Rumad stop crying.

"Come here, my prince." I pick him up and sugar coat him with words and instantly he stops crying. I give him a chocolate and ask him to go out and play. Ruman was getting late for his work so he had already left for his office.

I sat down on a couch and opened the dairy. I find the first page itself proving my words.

"To the only trouble of my life, Ahana... From Madeeha."

My heart sank on even the thought of what was to come. Maybe Ahana slipped the dairy by mistake and Maya got it.

I turned to some random pages and found one title really intriguing.

"I met her today!

28th June 2005

I can't believe I finally got the chance to meet her. This seems to me like a curse. It gets so long and I didn't even get to see her face. It is becoming harder day by day and I'm afraid I can't hold my feeling to stay with her for any longer. I miss you like anything. I wish if we could celebrate our birthday together at least once siso. You know you are my other half,  my soul twin and of course my real twin but what use is it of? When you are a secret from the world. No one can know about you ever. I miss you girl. Hope to celebrate our birthday together really soon.
I love you, Maya."

The floor beneath my feet vanished. I had no idea what to do now. I was confused. Does that mean, Ahana had a twin sister who is none other than Maya? Allah Miya, it's more complicated than it seemed.

I turned a few pages and found another weird heading.

"You're no longer a Secret.

15th Feb 2006

Finally, you're home Siso! I missed you like hell. Now we can stay together. At least for a couple of months or if Allah wills for years. "

"Twin Birthday

3rd July 2006

Siso! Dream come true moment. We finally cut that twin cake today. Together! I waited for this day since childhood and finally!  I love you so much!"

"I'll miss you again...

7th December 2013,

So finally the call for your duty is here. As promised to dad you will have to leave for your service. You need to save Queen Madeeha who is also my childhood friend. I would say let it be, let her eat that rotten food someday. Then she'll know how much food means in our life. But I know you. Queen of sacrifice. You even don't know if you'll be back or not."

Dad's promise? What the hell has to do with that?

"For Dad!

12th December 2013

I never wanted this day to come but today when I saw you in that position fighting for each of your breaths, I swear no one... No one could be more shattered than me. And when chachu said,  " It's for your dad," I knew what I had to do. I'm sorry Siso but I had no choice than to change our identity. Now I'm you and I promise I won't let you down. I'll play Maya with all my might."

Tears began to roll down my eyes as soon as I read each note. I knew something was wrong with this girl but I never expected this. How come she could simply become what she isn't? A totally different person.  Yes, not by face but fate!

"Madeeha! Madeeha!" Humaira Bhabhi calls out for me.

"Coming Bhabhi," I reply wiping those tears of insane trauma.

I walked downstairs to find Maya serving food to Ahaan. The only reason why he felt this connection was Maya was his friend but not Ahana.

What should I do? Should I tell about this to Ahaan or should I wait?

"Madeeha? Where are you lost? Come let's have some food."  Humaira Bhabhi brought me out of my thoughts.

"I'm not hungry. I'll eat later." I said and straight away ran back to my room.

--------------