10.The day of swipe

Maya's P.O.V:

I was sitting in the garden of the Mirajgarh palace thinking of what I'm about to lose. A long lost friend, who doesn't know that whom he thinks is his best friend is just her twin sister.

Allah! Why is this all getting so messed up.

I still remember how 4 years back, suddenly Maya got trapped into that deadly situation and how I had to swipe with her in order to fulfil dad's promise.

4 Years back:

"Maya, Maya! There you are." I shouted entering her room.

"What's wrong love, why so stressed?" Maya asked fixing her hair.

"It's a letter from the royal authority King Sabir, it's a duty call for you." I sighed.

"Really! Allah I'm so excited!" She rejoiced.

"Hey, that means we won't be able to see each other ever." I sobbed.

"And why do you think so, you are my other half, and I'll always be there whenever you'll need me. I promise." She said wiping my tears and hugged me.

I was worried unknowing why? A feeling of insecurity... a hope but in darkness... an unknown silence... may be of a soon to be heard cry.

I wiped my tears and ran down stairs to check for everything. Tonight my sister will leave me and I too got no idea when she'll return. I cooked her favourite Biryani. After few hours she came down with all her luggage packed ready to leave. I offered her a seat beside me at the dining table.

She sat beside me and inhaled the lovely scent of the dishes.

"Seems really tasty!" She said and started to serve for herself. Her little hands rambling every other dish and picking only what she liked.

Soon bhaiya and chachu joined us. We all ate together and enjoyed our few last moments with her. She was busy speaking while her taxy driver honked! Yes, it was the time for her departure! Her face was still shining brightly because all we knew was the fact that she deserved to be the best amongst us.

She looked at everything for one last time before leaving and giving a smile to us carried her bags outside.

We both wore same dresses that day so as to remark our sisterhood, little did I knew this whole story was to take a left turn in place of right.

I was unhappy of her leaving us but she promised dad and he was our everything.

I gave her one last smile and ran upstairs. I don't want her to see me crying.

I ran to our room and locked the door. I took out our old belongings and started to get nostalgic. Suddenly my eyes fell on my fake blue eye contact lenses! I picked them up and wiped my eyes. I applied them and turned up myself into Maya without any difference. How easy it was for even myself to fake it, to be someone else with just the slight change of colors of my eyes. It was as if I was all together a new person.

After a couple of minutes I heard a knock at the door and without realizing what I did, I asked,

"Who is it?"

"A witch? Maybe? Mind opening the door?" Maya asked in her croaked yet playful voice. She knew I was not willing to see her depart already and hiding here was a proof of it too.