4

~chapter four~

(Ulric's pov)

"What the hell was that about!" Jarric shouted after were finished shifting. We were now in the back yard of the new pack house, and pulling on our cloths we had left on the giant back porch. "I mean, one moment we're warding off those regular wolfs, then I'm cashing you because you were chasing that white..." He then froze, his pants half way pulled up his legs. "Wait... don't tell me that's was your..."

I nodded and whispered, "Mate."

Jarric yanked on his pants and grabbed my shoulder firmly, pushing me into the pack house. "This is great! Now you can be alpha, and that retard of a brother of yours won't be! This is amazing! Now we must find your father and tell-"

"No!" I suddenly interrupted, yanking myself from his grasp.

"What?!" Jarric stared at me, his green eyes so wide, I thought his eyes balls would pop out.

"No." I hiss quieter. "I just found him! God, I don't even know his name or what his human form looks like! And why was he with those regular wolfs, then with those humans?!"

I pulled at my thick black hair as Jarric whispered, "I can't tell you, but I do know one thing. If you don't let your father know soon, you'll being saying bye bye to being alpha and hello to being practically considered an omaga. Think about it, Ulric." He then walked off, flicking his blond hair out of his eyes in annoyance. I knew I needed to find out what's going on with my mate; and fast.

(Ash's pov)

'Why did you run from him?!' My wolf shouted in questioning. 'He's our mate!'

"I know, I know." I whispered back, causing my mom to glance at me as she walked into the living room, where I now sat after shifting and putting cloths on.

"You know what, dear?" She asked as she sat down next to me on the couch and placed a cup of milk on the coffee table in front of me.

I gave her a small smile and whispered, "n-nothing. Just talking to my wolf." She nodded, and reached for the TV remote when I suddenly burst out with, "mom, what's a mate to a werewolf?"

She glanced at me briefly before sitting straight up and brushing her hands across her pants. "I do believe we already went threw this topic a few years ago, but if you need a fresh reminder, then why not? A mate to a werewolf is the person the moon goddess chooses to complete them. Like your other half type of deal. Usually, werewolfs just... know, that that person is their mate. Um, I'm not sure how, it just is. It may take a long time to find your mate, or just a little bit, but the wolf side of a werewolf starts to look for his mate when the werewolf hits puberty." She then paused and looked at me. "What are you asking this all of a sudden?"

I looked down at the ground, and then back up at her. Why couldn't I tell her? She was my mom, even if it wasn't by blood! Taking a deep breath, I looked back up at her and mumbled, "I-I think, I found, my m-mate."

My mom stared at me for a moment, her mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water. Then, she whipped her hands on her pants again, and said, "I-I think we should continue this talk with your father."

I nodded and sighed. I walked to my room and face planted into my twin sized bed with its storm cloud gray comforter. I sighed again and turned onto my back to stare at my black ceiling with its glow in the dark stars. My room was galaxy themed, with black walls littered with glow in the dark stars and planets. I had a regular white carpet and an oak wood dresser and desk. A fifteen inch flat TV was hanging on my wall, and I had a book shelf under that with four shelfs holding books and movies. On top of that book shelf was my DVD player and a family picture from about two years ago.

As I contacted the stars into random shapes, I thought about my mate. He was a bit bigger then me in wolf form with thick black fur and stormy gray eyes. He was snarling at first, so I snarled back. Then, he looked at me in complete surprise, his ears perking up and his tail being tucked between his hind legs. All the other wolfs were still snarling though, ready to tare my second family apart. I had ignored my new found mate and snapped at my pack to leave and they rushed off. I ran off, hoping my mate would fallow me and happily he did, but with another, gray wolf fallowing. With out much thought, I ran home and screeched at the glass of our back door for mom.

"What do you think about him?" I asked my wolf and he scuffed.

'Are you kidding me?! I just want to curl up next to his side and never leave that spot!'

I smiled. "Yeah. Yeah, me too."

It didn't even bother me that it was another guy. I wasn't gay, just bi. I found that out about a year ago when I was staring at Royce's best friend when he was changing his shirt after I accidentally spilled a glass of milk on him. Then again, I liked to stare at a girls chest to so... I'm bi.

I curled up under the blankets on my bed, and smiled like a love sick fool with thought of my mate on my mind when I fell into a peaceful sleep.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I was woken up by my dad shaking my shoulder gently. I sat up and stretched, yawning, "hey dad, what's up?"

"Your mother told me that you found your mate."

That love sick grin was back on my face as I said, "yeah, I have."

"Well now that you have, your mom thinks I need to have the talk with you now." He smiled awkwardly as my face paled.

"Eww, no dad, come on!"

He chuckled lightly and said, "well, you know of the birds and bees I hope, with all of those sex ed classes they have these days. I just want to make sure you know to always use a condom, and only do it when your ready to, ok?"

I nodded. "Yes dad, I know."

"Good." He slapped my on my back in that fatherly way, and smiled down at me. "Now come down stairs, dinner is ready to be eaten."

I smiled and we both rushed off to the dinning room, where hamburgers were bing dished out on plates. I quickly grabbed mine, stuffing the jucy meat into my face.