19

-Chapter Nineteen-

(Unknown pov)

I tapped my fingers impatiently on the arm of my throne as I glared at the large throne room doors. I’ve been waiting for long enough. Where was she? I stood and began to pace, my robes flowing around me. “Where is she?!” I yelled as my fangs grew to their full length. The guards around me flinched, but didn’t move. My guards, staff, servants, and everyone who worked for me were a mix of werewolves and vampires; the ones who I’ve captured and made my slaves over the years. The wolves wore collars that only I could take off to bind them to me, and I forced the vampires to make a blood pact with me to make them bound to me as well. It was punishment to all who took my beloved; but now I’m getting my beloved back.

The large throne room doors finally opened and Marisa stepped in, looking nevus and scared. She should be. In the matter of a second, I was on her, picking her up by her shirt and snarling in her face. “Where is he?! Where is my beloved?!”

“I-I’m s-sorry m-master.” She breather out, her body shaking. “I c-can’t g-get to h-him. T-they have him g-guarded.”

“Guarded? Bye who?” I let go of her and she dropped onto the floor. She stayed there, but moved so that she was now in a bowed position.

“By werewolves.” She told me. “His mate arranged it, and last time I checked, there were only six, but I think more are coming.”

I growled and hissed harshly at her, “That stupid mutt is not my beloved’s mate! He’s trying to take him from me, just as they took her from me so many years ago.” I screamed and kicked Marsha in the ribs. She went flying across the throne room, a high pitched scream leaving her lips. She slammed into the wall with so much force; she went through it into the next room. I growled, not caring if she was alive still, and started to pace the room again.

What am I going to do? How will I get my beloved out of there? I hissed out a sigh and decided that if I wanted him, I would have to get him myself. I started to bark out orders and vampires and werewolves alike began to rush around to do my bidding before they too ended up being like Marisa. She was dead, I could tell, because I could no longer hear her heart beating. I took a deep breath and decided to go out hunting before I went to retrieve my Beloved. I hadn’t eaten in a month or so and needed to.  

“just wait a little longer, my beloved.” I whispered as I looked up at the ceiling.

(Ulric’s pov)

I shifted behind my tree and got dressed quickly. Dried blood surrounded my mouth and I kept my head hanging low until I entered the kitchen and quickly washed it off. After I dried off, I stood in the kitchen and it was then that I noticed it was quite around the house. Too quite. I walked into the hallway and called out. “Ash? Starla? Mrs. Dickerson?”

“My mom and Boris went to the store to get some food for dinner.” I whipped around to see Royce standing at the bottom of the stairs. “Starla is in the shower and the others are out ‘patrolling the area’ Zane told me.”

“Where’s Ash?” I asked and Royce stared me down.

“He’s in his room, now I need to talk to you.” I just looked at him, so he continued. “I know about the baby.”

I stared at him, my mouth falling open. “D-did Ash tell you?”

Royce crossed his arms over his chest. “No, I found out when he was talking to Starla and I walked by and heard about it.” He then walked over to me and only stopped when we were nose to nose, only a few centimeters apart. “Now you listen to me, Ulric, I don’t know what the hell you were thinking getting my baby brother pregnant, but you will take responsibility. You won’t walk out on him, or that baby.”