11

~chapter eleven~

(Jarric's pov)

I watched as Ulric ran into the forest. With a sigh, I ran a hand through my hair, trying to come up with an excuse to tell the alpha.

"Was that Ulric who just ran out?" I turned around as I heard Lance's voice. I growled and he snickered at me. "So he's found his mate, huh? I knew something was off about his sent. Wait until dad finds out."

Fed up with this guy's bullshit, I growled and lunged at him. He yelped and tried to run away like the coward he was. I grabbed him by his hair and pulled him out side with him screaming and kicking. I threw him onto the ground and snarled at him. "Shift!" Lance looked at me with horror and I snarled again. "Shifter you f***er! You think your so mighty and strong, able to do whatever you f***ing want! Fight me bastered! I bet your so weak, you won't even leave a single claw mark on me."

Lance growled and stood, his eyes flashing a slight yellow. He then shifted into his dark gray wolf and I shifted too, my wolf a lighter gray then his. We circled each other for a minute before I jumped at him. Startled, Lance jumped back and then jumped at me. We went tumbling, bitting and clawing at each other. There were screams and shouts around us, no doubt that we had drawn a crowd in. I clamped my teeth onto one of his ears and yanked my head to the side. Lance howled with pain as I almost tore his ear off. Blood coated the top of his head, and I didn't feel sorry one bit. I then bit into his leg, glee rushing throw my body as I felt his bone crack slightly. This is what this bastered deserves. He thought he was so big and bad! He was nothing compared to Ulric, a true alpha. Lance was the one who should be nothing but an omega.

"Enough!" Boomed a voice, and I let go of Lance, who limped quickly away from me with his tail tucked between his legs. Just shameful. I turned to the alpha and he glared at me. "Shift, both of you." I shifted, and so did Lance a few feet away from me. His left ear was bloody and his right leg had a bad bite mark on it, just below the knee. I, on the other hand, had barely a scratch on me. I looked back to the alpha, who didn't look pleased at all. "Who started this?"

"I did, alpha." I said, proud that I did. There was no way Lance would have. The alpha sighed. I glanced at my dad, who stood just behind the alpha, and he shook his head at me as if disappointed, but I knew he was happy that I finally beat Lance into his place. We both knew it was coming, and if it wasn't me, then it would have been Ulric.

"What was this fight for?" The alpha looked between us.

"Dad, he-" Lance started.

"You will call me alpha!" The Alpha snapped and Lance flinched.

"Alpha." I said softly and he glanced at me. "I started the fight because Lance was sticking his nose into business that does not concern him."

"Alpha-" Lance was cut off again by a harsh glare from his father, then the alpha looked back at me and I continued.

"He was going to go of telling every one about it and I stopped him. He was getting on my nerves and I snapped. I apologize." I ducked my head down to stare at the ground and it was quite for a while. Then I looked up as the alpha spoke.

"What business do you have that needs to be keep such a secret?"

I hesitated, trying to think something up, when Lance suddenly blurted out, "Ulric found his mate!" I closed my eyes and ducked my head as I let out a frustrated sigh.

"Jarric, is this true?" The alpha asked and I looked up at him. He seemed to be calm. Too calm.

"Yes, alpha."

"And where is Ulric now?"

"Going to his mate, Alpha."

The alpha's eyes flashed a slight red. He growled and turned to a few werewolfs that stood off to the side. "You three!" He snapped and they came rushing over. The alpha then looked at me. "You will take these three with you to retrieve Ulric and his mate. I want you back as soon as you have them, no dilly-dallying, understood?!"