Ch.15: Just Leave.

"I knew this would happen." Adam says as he starts to pace around.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know he was going to kiss me!" I exclaim as we fight in his dressing room.

"I thought I could trust you! We have only been dating for about three weeks and you go off with a married man!" He shouts at me, I flinch but he doesn't seem to notice.

"He said that he forgot it was me! He said he thought it was Meg! Meg understood, he had been missing her!" I say as tears start to drip down my cheeks.

"You know what, why don't you just leave!" I had never wanted to hear those words spill out of his mouth and when he did I think he regretted them but then he nodded. "Just leave." He said a little more quietly that his last shout. I backed towards the door and looked back at him, before leaving

 I run, that's all i could think to do. Soon I found myself at the stage.

It seems like every time something happens in my life the stage was always there. 

"Hi." I say to the stage.

"You know I have preformed on you every night and now it might come to an end, so one last preformance for old times sake." I say, coming to center stage. I breathe in and look around.

"Dyin' ain't so bad." I start, once I had found the song. This one had been on my mind for a little while .

Not if you both go together
Only when one's left behind 
Does it get sad
But a short and lovin' life
That ain't so bad

I only hope to God
That I go first
I couldn't live on memories
I'm sorry
But I'm not that strong
There are some things in life
You can't replace
A love like ours don't happen twice
When all his days are through
Mine will be too

*******

Tears streamed down my face as i sing the meaningful lyrics to myself. I didn't want to have him hate me, I wanted his love.

*******

Cause dyin' ain't so bad
Not if you both go together
Only when one's left behind
Does it get sad
But a short and lovin' life
That ain't so bad

I've met boys who talk 'bout
Farms and horses
And they don't do much for me
I don't need to end up in a rocking chair
Seems you get to live your life
Just once
If that's how it's gotta be,
then I'd rather breathe in life
Than dusty air

*******

Just let it all out in this one note. I pushed my stomach muscles to barely the last point to not injuring myself. I cried and breathe in quick, short breathes. 

*******

Dyin' ain't so bad
Not if you both go together
Only when you're left alone
Does it get sad
But assured in love and life
But a short and lovin' life
That ain't so bad

I break down after that last note. Why was I so stupid, why did I tell him. I could have kept it under lock and key but instead I decide to tell him.  He will hate me. I wish i could run off to Leela and eat chocolate ice cream and talk with her but she is one of Adam's best friends. Abby was no where in site, I think she was on a 'date', i was getting a little suspicious.

"Corbet?" Someone questioned from the side of the stage. I look over and see Lavon, she walked to me and asked me what was wrong and I just burst into tears. She hugged me close and petted my hair. Lavon turned into my mom over this short time that I had been with the Newsies, and in a moment like this I was thankful for it.

"Honey, come with me and tell me what's wrong." We walked to her dressing room, and on the way there I had earned a lot of sympathetic looks from the boys.

"What happened?!" Kara screeched as we walked in.

"Adam." I sobbed out. They sat me down and Kara picked up her chocolate bucket for me and I gladly took a hand full.

"Tell us what happened." She said, rubbing my knee. I nodded and sucked in a breathe before speaking.

"I went over to Corey's and we where watching a movie and he was missing Meg and then he kissed me and I told Adam and he got mad and jsut told me to leave, I didn't mean to hurt him." I sob out the last part and bring my hands to my face.

Lavon and Kara told me that it wasn't my fault, and comforted me while I wailed out sobs. Then we heard a loud bang come to the door, we looked up and stared at the door.

Kara stood and walked to the door before opening it.

"Where is sh-" Luke stood in the door, his eyes caught sight of me and he ran towards me. He held me in his arms and kissed my head while rocking me back and fourth.

"I want to die!" I cried out as I clutched him tightly, he shook his head.

"No, don't say that." He whimpered at my last statement. Newsies had gathered at the door, staring hopelessly at Luke and I.

"Luke you don't understand! I loved him!" I pounded my fist on his back but he didn't seem to notice.

"I do understand cause girls have done the same to me." He whispered. My eyes filled with tears and i held onto him tightly. I didn't want to live without Adam! He was mine, and I needed him. I was drawn to him like a magnet and I couldn't get unattached from him, not matter how hard I pulled.

Even if I made a stupid desision, I would have him.