Book 5 Outline

Stormy and the other kittypet a burst into the clearing during a gathering. They were led by Riverclan warriors doing a border patrol.

Silverstar tries to act like she doesn't know them, and that doesn't work. She leaves the clearing without another word and Thunderclan follows.

The other clans refuse to acknowledge Silverstar as leader, and when the four leaders come to the camp, they only speak with Stormstrike.

The clans have no respect for Thunderclan boundaries. A Thunderclan cat is killed in a Shadowclan border skirmish.

Silverstar arranges for a meeting with the clan leaders, but they take her sixth life.

While in Starclan, Firestar warns her that when she nearly died as an apprentice, it may have taken one of her lives, and that she may be on her seventh life, not sixth.

Silverstar gets carried back home by Stormstrike and Wolfcry

She doesn't eat. She can't bring herself to it. She tried, but she couldn't keep down her worry.

For the (June) gathering, she tells her clan she would not go, but they wouldn't go without her, and she didn't want to dishonor Starclan.

At the gathering, the leaders tell Thunderclan to prepare for battle

Thunderclan prepares for a quartermoon. Silverstar hides in her den the whole time.

Moment of tension as clans are lined up for battle

Silverstar steps forward, tells Thunderclan to retreat, and surrenders herself to the clan leaders.

Darkstar forces Mooncloud to tell him how many lives she has left. He says she was on her eighth, which he knows is a lie (unknown to reader), but everyone still thinks Mooncloud despises Silverstar, and don't doubt his words. Silverstar feels that that confirms her fears of being on her eighth.

Darkstar immediately kills her, putting her on her last (actually second to last) life

The clan leaders drag her to the field where she was born to take her last life (note it is extremely cloudy.)

They kill her, taking her last (actually second to last life, she's now on her last) life.

They wait for her to see if she will wake up again, but Stormy and the kittypets chase them off.

They drag her body (she has not regenerated yet) to Tallrocks and all of the clans gather.

In anger, Stormstrike launches an attack

Wolfcry dies saving Stormstrike

During the battle, Silverstar wakes up and stands atop Tallrocks. She yowls to Get everyone's attention, and they freeze.

They all charge at her, but the sky opens up and reaches down (tornado), scattering Tallrocks, killing Darkstar once and for all, and setting Silverstar back down, unharmed.

They take it as a sign from Starclan her getting a 'tenth life' and Starclan destroying her enemies. She is welcomed back into the clans, and is hailed a hero.

She asks Jayfeather if she can thank Stormy. They share a dream, and she thanks the kittypets.

As she enters from her den the next morning, the clouds were gone, and she goes up on the Thunderrock to watch the sunrise, sidebyside with Stormstrike.

Silverstar looks down at her clan with pride. (Note the growing kits, Sunbathing elders, hardworking warriors, and cheerful Mooncloud as she surveys.)

Thunderclan cheers, and they all lived happily ever after.

~ ~ ~

T H E      E N D