1

I met him on a damp rainy day in august. It was raining heavily and my car had broken down halfway to huderson inc.,where I worked. I sat there in my car thinking "this is the worst day ever". I was supposed to be at work by now because we, the top executives would be interviewing the new intakes but unfortunately I'm here sitting helplessly in my car waiting for the rain to subside so I could check what was wrong with my car. Oops, I didn't introduce myself. Sorry about that, just eager to share my story.
My name is Alison Benson, the first and only daughter of Mr and Mrs Benson. I was born in Miami california and I've spent most of my life there. Middle school, high-school and college, but actually I'm half Nigerian. Shocking right? With my long auborn hair, clear brown eyes and light skin it's hard to believe. My Dad was a Nigerian, a multi billionaire. He passed away just when I graduated from high school. My mom moved to Nigeria to handle his companies and left me with my grandma to complete my education. So now, here I am. A 22 year old genius , perfect body, beautiful face, every guy's dream woman and, I'm stinking rich thanks to the fortune my dad left for me. Back in Nigeria it was hard to fit in. But eventually I got the hang of it. with the help of a few people and my mom, I ran the companies flawlessly. It became my passion and I had no time or interest for anything else. Not even relationships. Now that you've basically seen who I am, let's get back to my story.
*******************************************
I was still sitting in my car worrying because I'm late and the rain was getting heavier (I love driving myself, keeping it simple that's why I never hired a driver) when I heard a light tap on the window. I rolled it down. A face came forward and I heard the most melodious voice I've ever heard in my life. It was as if angels were singing. "Sorry to bother you ma'am, but I was just passing by when I noticed your car was stuck in mud. Do you need any help?" he said. I couldn't make out his face beneath the hood of the raincoat he was wearing but I could see his brilliant white teeth. It took me a few seconds to reply him. "Thanks for your concern. I'm actually stuck and my network connection is off so I can't call for help". "I'll see if I can fix it, sit tight" he replied and went away before I could tell him not to bother.
10 minutes later,my car was fixed. I was so greatful "this man is so noble" I thought to myself. "You can go now ma'am, your car is fixed". "Thanks so much sir, I really appreciate your help. Please take this." I said as I handed him an envelope. He shook his head. "No, I didn't do it for money, I was just helping. I have to go now, I'm late for something". His hood slid a little and I could see his face. OMG! I've never seen a man so handsome! I would definitely wanna see some more of him. "Alright then. May I know your name please, I'm alison." he smiled. "I'm Richard, have a nice day". He waved and walked towards a bike parked beside my car and sped off. I sat there for a while thinking about that strange occurrence then I remembered I was late and I had to be on my way. I couldn't get him off my mind. I wish I had collected his number. When I arrived at the office, they had already started the interview without me so I headed straight to my office to pick up some files. There was a commotion at the reception desk so I went there to see what's going on. And behold! That handsome face was staring angrily at the receptionist. "I'm only 10 minutes late. Just let me get to the conference hall" he was saying. I walked towards them. "Stella, what's going on here?" I asked. He didn't even look at me. "This young man here is late for the interview and he wants me to let him in" Stella replied. "He was late because he helped a lady in distress. Let him in" I barked at her. "Yes ma. Here is your pass Mr Richard." he collected the pass, looked at me with a bemused expression on his face and walked towards the conference room. He didn't even say thank you! What an outrage! He doesn't know who he's dealing with and I've got him right where I want him. I smiled to myself and followed him.