2

I saw him sitting with three others. I walked to my sit in front of the hall and sat down. I was watching him and he knew it cos he met my gaze a couple of times. I wanted to interview him myself. I collected his file from my secretary. "Mr Richard David, over here please" he smiled. OMG! I'm melting! He sat down opposite me. Gosh he's so handsome fit muscular body, perfect complexion, dark curly hair and his lips-- I've never seen lips more perfect. "Relax, he's only human" I said to myself. "Good morning, let's get started. I'm miss Alison Benson. I see from your file here that you're applying for the position of administrative officer..." the interview went smoothly. He was very smart, a genius. I decided to make him my personal assistant. He was very dedicated and committed to his work, always on time. We got along so well. He was so nice and friendly and he knew how to make a girl smile.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Six months later, I was deeply in love with him but he didn't make any move to move our friendship to the next level. I decided to take action. My mum already knew about him but she said she doesn't think he's the guy for me, my best friend also. I didn't care. One evening after work I asked him out. He was surprised. "You really want to take me out? You're supposed to be my boss you know" he said and smiled. "Hey stop calling me your boss. I'm your friend. So, are you in or not?" I replied and winked at him. "Only if you let me drive" he said and winked back. He reached for my hand and we headed towards the parking lot. "Wow I can't believe I'm finally gonna get to drive a benz" I laughed "don't be silly, you'll have your own soon". I gave him the key. He opened the door for me and helped me get in then he smiled his charming smile and kissed the back of my hand. My insides were tingling. I was melting at his touch. He released my hand and went over to the driver's side. The ride was joyful. We went to a nice restaurant and had a wonderful dinner. He was so charming, Such a gentleman.
We talked about a lot. He told me of how he lost his parents when he was little in a car accident. I felt sorry for him.when dinner was over, I drove him to his apartment he kissed my forehead before going inside. It felt so nice. I wanted to spend more time with him. I waved him goodbye and drove off.
When I went home my mum could tell I was so excited. I told her how it went. She said she was happy for me but I should take things slow, get to know him better. "I only want the best for you and I wouldn't want you to get hurt" "thanks mum, I'll be careful" I replied and hugged her.
The next 6 months were perfect. Richard was the best boyfriend I could ever imagine. He always made me happy and at work he was as diligent as ever. I had him promoted in a short while. He became a Director just like me. He never cared for my money and he was always buying gifts and taking me out. I didn't want it to end.
On our first year anniversary, Richard proposed to me! Unbelievable right? I was so happy, I was elated! But I had things to consider before jumping to conclusion "Richard I'm so happy but don't you think it's a bit too soon? I mean I'm still getting to know you and I'm not sure mum will be okay with me getting engaged so soon. I think I'll talk to her first" "oh come on ally, what else is there to know. Don't you love me?" he replied. just then my phone rang. I picked "hello... is this miss Benson?" "yeah it's me... who am I speaking to?" "this is Dr kayode... amity hospital, we need you to come here quickly. It's an emergency ". My heart was racing, my head was pounding. what could have happened,i wondered. "Dr what's wrong? Please tell me" he was quiet for a while then he replied. "It's your mother, come right away" and he hung up. There were tears in my eyes and my hands were shaking. Richard held me. "Ally what's wrong? What happened?" "i-i-it's m-mom... she's a-at the hospital" I choked out crying . "Oh my God, don't worry baby. She'll be fine. Let's go". My mind was racing. I was praying silently. "Please God, let her be okay... I don't wanna lose her.. she's the only family I have left....."