14

"Richard why are you telling me all this now? You should have told me this even before we got married. I thought I knew you. Now I don't even know if you're the man I fell in love with" I said to him.
"I swear I was gonna tell you but things just started happening before I got the chance to. And I was scared that you wouldn't marry me if you knew." I shook my head.
"Richard you know I love you and I wouldn't give you up for anything in this world. I just want you to be completely honest with me. So I guess now that's blessing in our house with your son?" I asked.
"Yes. I thought she'd leave before you come back that's why I didn't tell you." he replied.
"What's she still doing there then?"
he looked nervous. "Well... you know I promised I was gonna marry her..." he looked at me. I smiled. I didn't want him to know my mind was racing. I was hoping he won't say he'll keep his promise because I won't bear it.
"So??" I asked.
"I'm confused. I don't know what to do. I should have resolved this years ago. I still owe her something. She dropped out of school because of me and she took the burden of taking care of our child. She hasn't been with any other man since. She has been waiting for me all this while"
I smiled sadly. "Oh I see... your child huh? Alright then. Do what you want. If you choose to leave me for her, I'm totally fine with it. And if you choose to stay, cool with me"
"Ally don't say that. You know I love you and I can't leave you. I just need time to decide what to do with her."
"Well before you decide I suggest you tell her to pack her things and leave my house because I'm not going back to that house while she is still there"
"She is just a victim. I'm the one you should be mad at. I want the 3 of us to sit and discuss. I don't want you to hold any grudge against her, neither should you be jealous of her because what I had for her was just a childish crush. It's you I love and I'm going to spend the rest of my life with you" I frowned and nodded. "Fine"
"I'm so sorry for the pain I've caused you. Please forgive me. We'll sort everything out. Please just come home with me. I beg you".
I faced the other side and Thought for a while. If I don't go back she might stay longer. Maybe I should go back and we'll all discuss and find a common ground. "Okay Richard. I'll go home with you"
He smiled and kissed me. "Thanks baby. I love you"
I smiled. "I love you too". I replied.
He carried me and sat me on his thigh. "So tell me where did you go to? You know ever since you left I've been to hell and back. I can't imagine my life without my queen" I blushed. "I spent the night at my mum's apartment" I lied.
I didn't want him to know anything about my clubbing or Tony. Some things are better left unsaid.
Delilah came back just then. When she came in she smiled. "I knew you two would find a way to fix things. I hope I didn't come in at the wrong time? "She asked.
"Oh no not at all" I replied.
"we will be leaving soon. Honey you should go get ready" Richard said to me.
"Atleast stay for lunch" Delilah said.
"No thanks dear. You've done enough. Thanks for your hospitality" I replied her.
We left shortly after. I left my car there for the driver to pick up later.  We picked up a few groceries on our way home. Tony called me twice. I didn't pick. He texted me. "Hey beautiful one. Please pick my call" I didn't reply. My mind was on what I'd meet at home.
We met junior playing football at the front yard. He didn't even acknowledge our presence. Loud music was coming from the living room. Richard entered and I followed behind him. Blessing was dancing and the music was too loud she didn't hear us coming. "Blessing!" Richard called her. She didn't hear. He found the remote and reduced the volume. She turned and smiled at him.
"Oh you're back? Welcome. What should I get for you?" she barely looked at me.
"Yes I'm back thank you. I don't need anything." I made to leave and go upstairs but he held me.
"This is my wife Alison. Alison, this is Blessing." I smiled trying to be nice. "Nice to meet you Blessing" I said to her.
she looked me over and hissed. I looked at Richard. "What is the meaning of this? Treat her the way you would treat me and respect her too!" Richard said to her angrily.
she merely sat down and faced away from us. "Hmmm"she sighed.
"Blessing am I not talking to you?" Richard shouted.
"Why are you shouting at me. I'm not deaf. I've heard you ah ahn. Or do you want me to bow down and start worshipping her?" she hissed.
I could sense his temper rising.
"It's okay honey. I've to drop these things upstairs" I left him standing there battling with his rage.
I went upstairs and saw that my wardrobe  was scattered. I dropped the things and went downstairs. Richard was talking to his son at the dining table. When I came they both looked up.
"Junior this is your stepmum alison. I want you to treat her with respect okay? She's like a mother to you " Richard said to him. I was expecting a dramatic response like from his mother but he smiled and said
"good afternoon mummy" he was so charming.
I felt love for him instantly. I felt like he was my own son. I moved closer and hugged him. He blushed. I smiled.  "I hope you're doing fine? Please let me know if you ever need anything" he nodded and left me alone with Richard.
"See? He's a nice kid. His mother just influences him sometimes" I sighed "yeah I guess. By the way Richard were you looking for something among my stuff? My wardrobe is messed up" I asked.
"No honey. What could I possibly be looking for in your wardrobe?" he replied.  I smiled. I knew it was blessing's doing. Well, I'll show her. "It's okay honey. I must have forgotten that I disorganised it before I left for Dubai. I'll have the maid arrange it".
He stood up and hugged me. "I'm so glad you're back. I've missed you"
We kissed. It was so passionate. My insides were already tingling. I wanted to have him right there and then. Just then I heard a cough. We quickly broke apart. It was blessing. She muttered something like "shameless" and passed. Richard ignored her and carried me in his arms. We went upstairs to our bedroom. He continued kissing me. I submitted to him completely.