19

The school isn't far away from home so we got there on time. The students had just finished their morning assembly. The students  looked professional and smart in their uniforms. I was impressed. We headed straight to the Principal's office. I noticed that most of the girls we passed were staring at Richie. With his good looks he is gonna get so much attention, I thought. He seemed shy because he kept looking at his feet not paying much attention to the environment. Or maybe it was just his mood. 
The principal was a nice man and he was so happy to receive Richie. He gave me some forms to fill. Once filled, we were directed to the administrative block where Richie would take his entrance exams. The Officer in charge was equally happy to receive us. It must be the influence of my name, I thought.
He finished the exams on time. I sent the driver to make the payments while I waited for Richie to finish. The exam would determine which class he would go to.
When he finished, the results were ready after a few minutes. He performed wonderfully. The Officer in charge said he would be in SS2 B, science class, and he was to resume the next day. I made sure I finished all the registration processes before we left. His books would be given the next day and his uniform also.
I was so excited to finally have someone I can call my son. We left the school and headed to the mall for Richie's school shopping. I asked him to pick anything he wanted. He cheered up. We bought a lot of things. Shoes, clothes, hoverboard, skate board, iPod, anything he picked, I paid gladly. He was beginning to warm up to me.
We left the mall with a trunk full of stuff. He couldn't wait to tell his dad. Seeing him happy made me happy also. We were late for lunch. Richard made a reservation at a restaurant around 12, expecting us to finish by then but unfortunately we couldn't make it on time so he had lunch without us. After eating I went to the office with Richie. I could see the look of surprise on people's faces when they saw him. One of them walked up to me and asked if he was Richard's brother. I laughed and told him No, but I didn't say anything else. All eyes were on us as we passed the lobby. We hurried to my office and I went through  some files then we went to Richard's office.
"Hey sorry we missed lunch" I said to him.
"Oh it's okay. Hope you two had fun?" he asked.
"Yeah sure". I replied and let Richie narrate how our day went. He was glowing with happiness. I told Richard that he's moving upstairs and we'll redecorate the baby's room for Richie. He welcomed the idea.
Richie was marvelling at the view from the window. "I want to have an office like this one day" he said to me.
"Ofcourse you will but you have to study hard in school to achieve that" I replied and smiled.
We went home together in the evening. I cooked a nice meal and we watched a movie. At 10pm I asked Richie to go to bed because he was resuming school the next day. I didn't even think of Blessing through out the day. I was so happy. Richard and I also went to bed early.
I slept off immediately my body made contact with the bed.
***********************************