Family Reunion

"Bye" I waved to Nani as her and Jerry both drove down the road and into the darkness. After the movie I decided it would be best if I went home so I could catch up on sleep before school on monday.

Closing the front door behind me, I dropped my duffle bag and pillow on the ground and made a mental not to pick it up before I go upstairs for bed later.

I walked into the kitchen and pulled out a small bag of skittles from the pantry. I jumped up onto the counter top and opened the bag. My nostrals filled with the smell of overpowering sugar. Just the way I like it.

I started eating them as my mind wondered off to what happened that afternoon. Why did he kiss me on the cheek? Was it to see me blush? To tease me? I dont know. Maybe he likes me? No, ofcourse not! I mean, he doesnt like me and I dont like him.... right?? nah, why would I like a guy who is always either teasing me or making my blood boil. I dont like him.

"ugh! Why are boys so complicated! I never had to deal with them before! why now?" I sighed, life is hard for sure when boys are involved.

jumping off the kitchen counter top, i made my way over to the front door to get my stuff. Bending down, I picked up my bag when the door bell went.

I looked up to the wall clock that was above the door and saw that it was 8:32. "Why is someone here at this time?" I questioned to myself.

Dropping my bag to the ground, I opened to door to come face to face with two people I thought I wouldnt see till next month.

"Mom? Dad?"

"Oh Shylo, thank goodness you opened the door. We forgot our keys for the door," My mother sheepishly said. She was wearing a bright yellow dress that makes her natural tan skin stand out and white flats. My father was standing next to her in a black V neck and white bord shorts and flip flops.

"what are you doing here?" I asked in a not so nice tone.

My mother picked up on it and scowled at me, " dont use that tone on me missy," she said in a mothery tone.

I mentally rolled my eyes, I mean, she chooses now to be a mother?

" And to answer your question, we got a call from work saying they need us for are large meeting that is being hold in a couple of days so we decided to come back home and spend time with our one and only daughter," my faher replyed in his deep voice, " and I know we havent been around much," thats an understatement, " and we never seem to acually spend time with you and have family time so we decided that for these next days, we are going to hang out, like an actual family." him and my mother both smiled at me as if it was the most best idea ever.

This time I actually rolled my eyes, I turned around and walked into the kitchen, knowing the will be following me, and sat on the kitchen stoll. My parents walked through the door not long after and stood infront of me, " no can do, I have school," I said in a bored tone.

" well then, we will just tell the school that your sick," my mother said with a shrug.

To be totally honest, I dont want to 'hang' with them. They will either be all lovey dovey and forget about me or cancel on me. Not like we have anything to talk about anyways.

" I actually have a really big test on tuesday and I need to go to school to study for it," I tried reasoning with them but they are very stuborn. Maybe that where I got my stubbornness from.

" You can just do the test when you get back to school after your days off," my father simply said. I frown deeply. I really dont wonna hang with the parentals.

" Ok look shylo," My mother started. She came up to me and took my right hand in both of hers, "I know we havent been here for you for a while with all of our dates and weekends away and business trips and cruises but we are here now and we want to make the most of it. We have decided its time that we will dial down with the honeymoon stage for a while and get down to family business more and be real parents," I looked into her eyes as she said this, " and on both of our behalfs, we are truely sorry that we never were there for you but we also want you to know that we do love you shylo. With all our hearts." her eyes were swimming with guilt,sorrow,saddness and also one other I havent seen before, Love.