Chapter 14: Stalker

When Claire was attacked, she didn't understand anything her attacker said. He talked like they were in some sort of relationship. To Claire none of this made any sense she didn't think she had ever seen him before. But that's were she was wrong. To understand why he did what he did we need to back up.

The mans name was Charles Sipque. The first time Charles meet Claire, she didn't even notice him. He was the bagger at the grocery store. Claire was on her phone when she went to the check out. She had a million things on her mind and the school just called and Luke through up and had to go home. Claire didn't notice the bagger was staring at her. Charles tried to talk to Claire but she ignored him. Maybe if she just talked to him he wouldn't have hurt her. He already had anger issues, but when she just walked passed him without a second look he was enraged. He had never been this angry before. He was ready to kill her. Beautiful women never seemed to pay attention to him. He decided that he was going to make Claire notice him. He waited until she came to the store again then followed her home. He stalked her and learned her routine. He followed her and her family for about a year. Charles felt like he knew them, that somehow he was part of the family. Sometime during all this stalking he fell in love with Claire. In his mind Claire loved him too. Charles was living in a fantasy world where Claire was having an affair with him. The first time he raped her in his sick mind he felt as if he seduced her. He was angry to say the least when Claire told Phil. He thought she betrayed him. He didn't stalk her for a few days, instead he thought about their "relationship." He forgave her and planed a "romantic" night. This was the second attack. After he raped her they started talking. She told him that he discussed her. In a blinded rage he beat her causing all of the internal bleeding.

For awhile he had wanted to move closer to his love. The week in between assaults Charles decided to do it. He called Phil to show him some houses and he bought the one right next to the Dunfeys. When moving his stuff in he made sure that his room was the one where you could see into Claire's bedroom window.