Chapter 26: Unwanted

Claire awoke that morning with a smile. She didn't have any nightmares that night. It was the first time since.... it happened. Claire was happy for the first time in forever, but it didn't last long. When she opened her eyes she remembered the terrible things that had happened in this very room. She felt her husband by her side. His presence always gave her comfort, but not tonight. Feeling his body pressed up against hers and his warm breath on her neck made her wan to crawl out of her skin.

Claire felt stupid for ever thinking that she was free of him. No matter how she tried she would never be free. All of her thoughts were consumed by the monster and his child. As if what he did wasn't bad enough, she had this constant reminder of what he did growing inside of her. She tries to escape his constant dark shadow growing over her life. Claire thought that if she could just get an abortion then every thing be okay. She needed that thing out of her. She just wanted to be free. Nothing more.

Claire remembered when Phil yelled at she was angry. He didn't understand. He couldn't understand. He told her that she shouldn't kill her child because it was part of her. He said that her child was created by God and doesn't deserve to die because the child did nothing wrong. Claire didn't understand how he could say that. One of her most profound loses was her faith. That man took her faith in her God. Why didn't he protect her from the monster? How could he stand by and let this happen? Did he even care about her? Claire felt like he betrayed her. She couldn't believe that he was ever going to protect her, like she once thought.

I wasn't going to do this anymore, Claire thought. He does not own my thoughts or me. He can not have them. This will be the last time I allow him to bring me down. However, I will not forget. I could never do that. I will make him pay. I will send him to prison for the rest of his miserable life. I will make sure he is locked away. Before I do that I need to show him that I am strong and that he has no control over my life. Claire smiled at her revelation. She knew that it was impossible to forget, however that does not mean that she has to let it ruin her life.

Phil woke up about a half hour after Claire did. "Morning, sweet heart." he said. "Good morning, I love you." Claire said for the first time since her attack. "I love you too." Phil said with a grin. "What were you thinking about?" "You know," she answered. "Try not to think about that. I do not like seeing you upset." Phil beged. "I have tried, but I can't. I realized that the things I try to remember I always foget but the things that I just want to forget I can't stop remembering. I am done trying to forget. I am going to take this to court. I am going to win. I am going to show him that her did not break me." Phil only smiled back at his wife. He was so proud of her strength.

AN: Thank you for continuing to read my story. I love reading your comments. Feel free to tell me what you like or don't like in the comments. I will listen to all suguestions.

For all you gladiators go read my new Scandal story! It's called I Love You Too.