Chapter 28:

Phil came home and sat down on the couch. Ahhh, finally some peace and quiet. After a moment of rest he turned on the TV. The news was on and a lady was frantically reporting: 

"Today down at our local police station a horrific shooting took place. A crazy woman, who's son was shot and killed by police the day before, brought in a AR- 15. She started shooting and did not stop for a whole five minutes six seconds. The whole raid was caught on camera. It is very disturbing. So far we know of thirteen dead, and twenty-seven wounded. I can not realize any names because families are still being notified. We will have updates as soon as possible. Please keep the victims and their families in your prayers tonight." 

"Well that is unforunate," Phil said to himself. 

It was sad but Phil did not understand how much this would effect his life. Soon after listening to this broadcast he fell asleep. About twenty minutes later he woke up to the sound of his phone ringing. 

"Is this Phil Dunfy?" an unfamiliar voice said. 

"Who is this?" Phil asked. 

"Please Mr. Dunfy I am Dr. Roition from Mercy West Hospital. I am calling about your wife," he continued.

"What? Is Claire okay? Is the baby okay?" Phil frantically asked. 

"I am sorry to imform you. We did everything we could but she didn't make it. Your wife is dead."

Phil dropped the phone and just stood there. This could not be happening. Claire could not be dead. She could not be gone.