Chapter 16: Wanted Visitors

The next day the gang came back to the hospital intent on seeing Claire. The kids wanted oh so desperately to see their mother. Once they got to the hospital they were planing to run to her. However their plans changed. When they got to the waiting room they saw their Uncle Mitchell. He was pacing and look worried sick. Mitchell was going out of his mind. Not being able to see his sister was making he crazy. His nieces and nephew saw this in his face. When the nurse and Phil came to the waiting room Haley walked over to them. "Uncle Mitchell should see mom now." She explained, "He is so worried about her. He needs to see how she is doing more than us." "That's very sweat honey. I'll go get 'em." Phil answered.

As Mitchell walked to his sisters room he tried to prepare himself. It didn't work. When he entered the room he had to swallow a gasp. His big strong sister was helplessly lying on a bed covered in bruises. She obviously didn't sleep last night. He was most disturbed by her wrists. They had bruises around them, obviously from being tied up. "I'm fine. It's not as bad as it looks." Claire promised. They didn't need to say anything else. They just hugged and cried their eyes out. It comforted them. After a while Mitchell left so the rest of the family could see her.

The next person that walked into the door surprised Claire. It wasn't her kids but her step-mother Gloria. Gloria came into the room and sat down at the end of Claire's bed. "Helllllo?" Claire said still in shock. "Don't worry Claire, it will get better. You will be able to sleep again. It just takes time." Gloria softly said in a very soothing voice. This angered Claire. How the hell would Gloria know?!? "No! You don't get to say that! It will get better?!?!! No it won't!! And I will never sleep agin!! You don't get to say that, not until you've been beaten and raped anyway." Claire half yelled. "Well then it's a good thing that I have." Gloria calmly answered.