Chapter 2

There was a knock at the carriage door, and a prefect entered, "we will be arriving at hogwarts in about an hour or so, I would recommend you put on your robes now so that you are ready for departure", and then he left.

"Ah yes, robes, say John, what house do you reckon you will be in?" Asked Sherlock.

"I don't know, I haven't heard much about the houses except the odd comments about them, I don't want to be a slytherin, I've heard bad things about them, but overall I don't really mind"

"Hmmm, I've actually no idea where I will be placed, slytherin are supposedly quite boisterous, gryffindor are considered brave, ravenclaw are seemingly clever and hufflepuffs are apparently kind hearted, not to be rude but out of all four I wouldn't say I was a hufflepuff but otherwise I don't know, suppose it won't be long 'til we find out though"

A trolley came by not long after selling a selection of sweet and various treats, John decided to purchase a single packet of Bertie Botts every flavour beans, he assumed they were like normal jelly beans but maybe just a few new flavours. He opened them up and took one, it tasted of something unspeakable, he was shocked, he tried another and it was sweet like candy floss, he offered one to Sherlock so that Sherlock could experience the same strange flavours, he turned them away with a wave of his hand.

"Oh go on, sherl I insist" said John.

Sherlock looked at John with confusion, not just at the offering of the sweet, but if the name John had just used, he had never been called sherl before, it was always Sherlock Holmes or just Holmes, but John has called him sherl.

Reluctantly Sherlock reached forward and took a sweet, it was white with speckled pink dots, it reminded him of a story he'd read of back home when he's been bored in his room, he put it to his mouth and ate it, he then began smiling as the sweet bursts in a strong flavour of trifle, John laughed at the bemused look on sherlocks face and Sherlock laughed back.

"Haha Sherl, bet you weren't expecting that, what flavor was it?"

Yet again, Sherlock looked at John in confusion at the name sherl, but John didn't even seem to realize he was doing it, but then John saw sherlocks face and began to also feel confused, "why are you looking like that, you seem really bothered by something?"

Sherlock having only just registering the question after a few seconds, went back to his full state, "what do you mean?"

"You were just there staring into space, what's wrong sherl?"

And then it finally hit him again, there John was again, calling him sherl, "you called me sherl, not Sherlock, just sherl-- no ones ever called me that before"

"Oh, do you mind me calling you sherl?"

"No, it's-- it's fine."

---------

The two boys were changed into their robes and were pulling up outside the station, they were told to leave their luggage and get onto the platform.