Chapter 36

They checked their timetables together at breakfast where they sat at the gryffindor table, they had charms, transfiguration, potions, and herbology. John sighed at it, these were his least favorite lessons especially herbology where whatever they were doing always seemed to fight back.

"You going to eat Sherlock?" John asked nudging him.

"What-- uh, no, not hungry" Sherlock said breaking out of his daydream.

"When did you last eat?" John asked, concerned.

"Um-- yesterday-" Sherlock lied smoothly.

"Cmon don't lie to me, I can read you like a newspaper, now eat up, I am speaking both as your friend and your personal doctor" John smiled whilst trying to be stern with Sherlock.

"Ergh, fine" Sherlock said, taking a waffle off the plate in front of him and eating it quickly, it felt warm and sticky and he actually enjoyed the flavour and eating another one he'd finished it.

"Did you enjoy it?" John laughed poking sherlocks cheek playfully, Sherlock blushed and nudged John with his elbow.

"What gave you that impression?" Sherlock asked whilst beginning to eat another waffle, causing John to laugh. Sherlock leaned into Johns shoulder and laughed.

"Come on then John, off to charms, maybe I'll make you fly" Sherlock stood up, smirking, and then glided off of the bench to stand next to John. John finished one last mouthful of food and then stood to join Sherlock.

"No need, I have a broom" John pointed out. They both left to go to charms and headed up the staircases to their classroom. They took a seat in the back of the class and waited for the lesson to begin.

They set about attempting to produce water from the tips of their wands, Sherlock was able to produce water instantly, and John took a little guidance until he too was able to perform the spell. They received five points each for their quick learning and then the lesson was over.

They headed to transfiguration where they were told to transform a hedgehog into a pincushion.

"He looks like you!" Sherlock said excitedly, trying to withhold his laughter, "I'm going to call him Hamish"

"How do you kno-- actually never mind" John laughed elbowing Sherlock in the arm.

"Ow Jawnn, that hurt" Sherlock whined rubbing his arm, "anyway come on, Hamish here needs to become a pin cushion" said Sherlock with a flick of his wand making Hamish become a colourful pincushion.

"How do you always make it look so easy?" John asked enviously.

"Try John, your smart" Sherlock instructed him.

John looked at him in shock, and Sherlock noticed his face, he gave him a confused look, "you call me smart, but yet here you stand, probably one of the smartest people in England!"

Sherlock looked on, a blush creeping up his neck, he still wasn't good with compliments and John was always dishing them out.

John smiled at Sherlocks embarrassment and then attempted to change his hedgehog, it merely sent out a spark and it walked away across the table. Sherlock laughed and scooped up the hedgehog, holding it up to johns face.