Chapter 16

• Dedicated to Katelyn H.:)

Dedicated to Katelyn, taken too soon. #FlyHighAngel #RestInParadise

I stared down at him with wide eyes. Was this seriously happening again? I agree that it was beyond cheesey but it was incredibly cute! I loved the way he did it first, in was in front of the people he cared about most, the band and his fans, but this time it was just us.

“Asher.” I breathed out, placing my hand on my chest to try to settle my racing heart.

“Nora, I love you. I have loved you and I will continue to love you forever. We have problems but what relationship doesn’t? I’m 100% committed to you. Marry me.” He told me as he stood back onto his two feet. He grabbed my face and leaned his forehead on mine, “Please.” He whispered, his breath fanning across my face.

My heart told me to say yes, I loved him and I couldn’t imagine being without him. But my brain told me, that even though I loved him, that everything wouldn’t be okay. I mean okay as in that our relationship would be rocky.

I felt tears pool in my eyes and some slipping down gracefully on my cheeks. Asher looked hurt and concerned for a moment and then he pulled away slightly and wiped away my tears gently with his thumb.

“Don’t cry,” His voice cracked as he forced a small smile. “It’s okay.”

The thought of never seeing Asher again crushed me. The thought of not waking up to him every morning terrified me to death.

He leaned in, his lips brushing my skin sending a tingly feeling all over my body.

“Asher..” I whispered and he let me go completely. He turned away from me and my heart ached painfully. “Don’t leave me.” I whispered so quietly I wasn’t sure he heard it or not but he turned around telling me he did.

“Never.” He shook his head, his eyes glossy.

Fuck a rocky relationship. What kind of love story is fucking perfect? Not the good ones. I loved him and I won’t -can’t- give that up.

“Yes.” I nodded, my eyes holding his. He looked confused but realization lit up his face.

“Are you sure?” He asked unsure but hope clear in his eyes.

“Of course.” I whispered smiling a bit, “I’ve never been more sure of anything in my life.”

He looked confused again, “then why were you crying? Why did you hesitate?”

“I’m scared.” I blushed, shaking my head as I looked to the ground.

His hand cupped my face lovingly and I looked into his eyes, which were filled with nothing but love and understanding.

“I’m scared too.” He whispered in return, his voice quiet and careful, “But I’ve never been more sure of you either.”