Chapter Eleven

I woke up in the middle of night. All the boys were laying down on the floor. But someone was missing.

Niall.

I got up to look for him. Seeing if maybe he went to go get a snack. But when I walked in the kitchen he wasn't there.

I heard music coming from upstairs in my room. I slowly walked up the stairs and peeked into my brothers room. Matthew was sound asleep in his bed.

I walked more down the hallway, when I noticed my bedroom door open. I peeked in and there was Niall. He was sitting on my bed with my guitar and a notebook. He started to play and unfamiliar tune. Then started to sing my song that I had never heard before.

Am I asleep, am I awake, or somewhere in between?

I can't believe that you are here and lying next to me

Or did I dream that we were perfectly entwined?

Like branches on a tree, or twigs caught on a vine?

Like all those days and weeks and months I tried to steal a kiss

And all those sleepless nights and daydreams where I pictured this,

I'm just the underdog who finally got the girl

And I am not ashamed to tell it to the world

Truly, madly, deeply, I am

Foolishly, completely falling

And somehow you caved all my walls in

So baby, say you'll always keep me

Truly, madly, crazy, deeply in love with you

In love with you"

He stopped singing and started to write down on his notebook.

"That is a beautiful song." He looked up quickly but relaxed once he saw me. He smiled at me.

"Thanks! I wrote it myself... Did I wake you up?" he asked in a worried tone.

"No I was just cold, I guess, and I noticed you weren't there. So I came looking for you." I reassured him.

"Oh I see! Well I couldn't sleep, and I remember you had a guitar. so I decided to write a little more of my song."

I walked over and sat on the bed next to him. I grabbed my notebook from my bedside table. Niall gave me a confused look. I snatched the guitar from him and started the first song I wrote.

"I can make the rain stop if I wanna,

Just by my attitude.

I can take my laptop, record a snapshot,

And change a point-of-view.

I just entered this brand new world,

And I'm so open hearted.

I know I got a long way to go but I'm

I'm just getting started.

I'm over my head

And I know it, I know it.

I'm doing my best

Not to show it, to show it.

Whatever it takes to be,

What I was meant to be,

I'm gonna try.