Chapter 12

Ahsoka wants to make cookies, Anakin can't bake, Obi-Wan can, and Padme just got caught in the mess.

"You know what sounds good," Ahsoka said out of nowhere as she sat on the counter of the kitchen in Padme's flat. "Cookies."

"We don't have cookies," Anakin responded from his spot besides Ahsoka.

"We could make them," Ahsoka considered, and Padme smiled at the idea. They did have the ingredients to make cookies, and it did sound fun to do.

"I think that sounds like a wonderful idea," Padme said as she walked towards the kitchen and began to open cabinets and grab a baking pan, some flour, eggs, and everything else they needed.

"And we can decorate them after!" Ahsoka slid off the counter and began to help Padme prepare.

"You and Anakin can, I have a meeting to prepare for." Anakin groaned at that and Padme placed the last ingredient on the counter before walking towards her office. "Have fun."

Looking very annoyed, Anakin joined Ahsoka in the kitchen. "So what do we do first," he asked, fumbling with a bag of flour.

"I think we mix everything together," Ahsoka giggled, amused with Anakin's failure to open the bag of flour. "And you open that like this." She reached forward to grab the bag, but Anakin pulled it closer to him.

"I got it." Anakin pulled the top flap open. "See!" And at least half of the bag spilled out and onto Anakin, coating his Jedi attire in the white powder, when he moved to grab it from the bottom.

"Great job," Ahsoka rolled her eyes and grabbed the remaining flour from him. "Should we just put the rest in?"

"I guess," Anakin shrugged as he brushed off his clothing. Ahsoka then grabbed the largest bowl and poured the flour inside, filling it to a little over halfway.

"I think thats too much," Ahsoka eyed the flour with a raised eyebrow

"It looks fine."

"Alright then, eggs next?" Ahsoka took four eggs out and looked at Anakin for approval.

"Ya, and I'll set the stove," Anakin turned the switch and the stoves fire turned on.

"No!" Ahsoka reached out to turn the switch off. "We bake cookies." At Anakin's confused expression, she expanded upon her statement, in the oven!"

"Oh, you mean that thing," Anakin pointed to the oven. "That's what it's called...."

Ahsoka groaned. Anakin was so clueless sometimes, especially when it came to cooking or baking. "Yes that thing. Turn it on and preheat it to..." Ahsoka considered how warm it should be. "Perhaps....400 degrees?"

"Alright, I know nothing about baking. But that seems way too warm." Anakin commented, and leaned down to press the preheat button to 300 degrees instead. "And is it just me, or is it really warm in here."

Looking down at Anakin's sleeve, Ahsoka realized the reason for that. "Your sleeves on fire!" she shrieked. Anakin responded with a high pitched shriek of his own, which would've made Ahsoka laugh had they not been in the position they were. The Jedi knight frantically rushed to the sink and turning it on, he placed his arm underneath. In the process of Anakin's careless rushing, a nearby towel had also caught in fire. Ahsoka snatched it up and through it into the sink too. Her arm pushed the container of eggs to the ground, cracking all of them and splattering her shoes with the yolk.

Both Anakin and Ahsoka groaned in annoyance when they heard hurried footsteps heading towards the kitchen. Padme stepped in, her expression changing from confusion to shock to anger. "What are you two doing. I said make cookies, not burn down my kitchen. Now, why don't you two-" another pair of footsteps made her turn towards the doorway. Obi-Wan was standing there with a look of horror.

"Are you trying to bake cookies?" He questioned, his eyebrows raised.

"What are you doing here?" Padme was just as lost as Anakin and Ahsoka.

"I heard a scream, I believe all of Coruscant could hear it actually." Anakin looked down, ashamed.

"Well now that you're here, help them clean up please." With that last order, Padme returned to her office.

None of the Jedi said anything to each other for minutes. Anakin and Ahsoka gave each other accusing glares while Obi-Wan watched. Eventually Ahsoka looked towards the Jedi master, her eyes almost begging.

"Can we at least finish the cookies before cleaning?"

"Fine," Obi-Wan agreed. "But no advice from Anakin."

"Deal," Ahsoka smiled and handed the bowl of flour to Obi-Wan. "What now?"

Once again, horror washed over Obi-Wan's face. "How much flour is that?!"

"I don't know," Ahsoka shrugged. "It's everything that was left after Anakin dumped the bag on himself?"

"I didn't dump the bag on myself," Anakin protected, his sleeve no longer burning. "It spilled."

"Mhm," Ahsoka turned her attention back to Obi-Wan. "Is it too much?"

"Yes! It's probably double the amount we need for a batch of 48." He moved to the sink to dump out the extra flour, and when he saw the burnt towel he let out a gasp. "What did you two do?!" Both Anakin and Ahsoka opened their mouths to speak, but the Jedi master continued. "Never mind, I don't want to know."

"Probably for the better," Anakin murmured under his breath. If Obi-Wan heard him, he ignored it and dumped out the flour without another word.

"Now for the eggs, we need four..." Obi-Wan scanned the kitchen, looking for his next ingredient. "You do have eggs, right?"

Anakin looked down at his feet, surprised Obi-Wan hadn't seemed to notice the egg shells and yolk scattered across the floor. "Look down."

Obi-Wan did, only to look right back up and gave Anakin a disapproving glare. "Really?!"

"Hey, this was Ahsoka!"

"Really, Skyguy?" Ahsoka frowned. "It was an accident, because you set the towel on fire!"

Unsurprisingly, Anakin and Ahsoka continued the argument, Obi-Wan standing at the entrance of the kitchen with his forehead resting in his hand, making such a loud racket that no one noticed when the door to Padme's flat slid open.

"What happened here?" A familiar voice called out, her voice filled with surprise. Turning around, Obi-Wan found himself face to face with Satine, who seemed just as horrified as he had when he first arrived. Obi-Wan turned to the two younger Jedi and cleared his throats to get their attention. They turned around instantly.

"Uh...Duchess, what are you doing here?" Anakin questioned, pushing whatever was at his foot over to cover the mess of eggs on the ground.

"Senator Amidala and I are meeting to discuss-" something that sounded quite a bit like a small explosion sounded from near where Ahsoka was standing. Everyone in the room turned to find yet another  towel burning, due to it being sloppily thrown onto the stove. Anakin gave Ahsoka an accusing glance.

"I could've sworn I turned the stove off!" she protested. Satine let out an exhausted sigh.

"You know what, I'll come back later," and with that Satine turned to leave, the door closing behind her.

"Can we clean up now?" Obi-Wan asked after she was gone, a look of annoyance(and possibly slight embarrassment) written across his face. Anakin and Ahsoka both complained, but with a stern glance from Obi-Wan, they went to work, the older Jedi watching with a satisfied smile.