Suprised

I was silently crying when I heard a man's voice in the hall.

"Yeah, she's in there." he said. I heard the door open and felt a hand touch my back.

"Hey baby girl." someone with an accent said. My heart skipped a beat, knowing it might be August.

I slowly looked up. It was, indeed, August.

"August." I weakly said.

"Hey beautiful." he smiled.

"You're literally my favorite person ever. My ringtone is Porn Star." I wiped my face.

He laughed. "Well, I try." I smiled.

He lifted my head and stared in my eyes. "Who was that?" he softly touched my eye, I winced.

"My crazy ass ex." I said with tears rolling down my face.

"I'm so sorry." he wiped one of my tears.

"I can't stand it here." I cried.

"Why do you come back?" he sat in the chair across from me.

"I'm afraid of what he'll do to me if I don't do what he says." I said, a little embarrassed.

"You didn't go to the police?" he grabbed my hand. My heart beat faster. His touch was so soft and gentle.

"Because he'll kill me." I sighed.

"Well, come with me. I don't want nobody abusing that pretty face." he smiled.

"I can't just...go with you. You got an album coming out and touring so you wouldn't want me in the way." I looked down.

"Stop hiding from me. I don't bite." he lifted my head to look at him.

"I know." I smiled.

"Not unless you want me to." he winked. I laughed.

"So, Sweet Heavenly. What's your name?" he grabbed my other hand.

"Karissa." I smiled.

"That's a pretty name. Just like you." he smiled.

"How many times you gonna tell me I'm pretty." I blushed.

"Till you say it back." he rubbed my hand.

"You're not even pretty..." I said lowly. He frowned.

"You're sexy as fuck." I added.

"Damn, you had me fucked up for a minute." he said. I laughed.

He smiled. "But thanks mama." he kissed my hand. 

I was about to get up and change when my phone rung. I was about to answer it, but August picked it up.

"Hello?" he said.

"Who's this?" it was Alexis.

"August, who this?" he looked up at me.

"OH MY GOD!!! IT'S YOU???" she screamed.

August laughed. "Yeah. You must be Karissa's friend." he looked at me and smiled.

"Yes. Is she there?" she calmed down.

"Yes. But she'll be getting home a little late. I promise I'll bring her back in one piece." he winked at me. I smiled, turned and started to change.

"Ok. Tell her I'm taking the car and if she needs a ride, call me." she said, all happy.

"I'll deliver the message." he said sweetly.

"Thank you so much. August I love you. I'm your number one fan, well besides Karissa." she said, getting excited again.

"I love you more. Bye baby girl." he laughed.