It was like a dream

Karissa's POV

...and pulled out my seat.

"Thanks bae." I sat down and he pushed me forward.

"You're welcome." he sat across from me.

"What you want?" he said. I opened the menu and looked around.

"The steak and potatoes sounds good." I closed it.

"What you want to drink?" he closed his, too.

"Lemonade, please." I put my purse on the floor beside me.

"Ok." he stared at me.

"What's wrong?" I pulled out my mirror to make sure there was nothing on my face.

He laughed. "There's nothing wrong. I just wanna admire your beauty."

I blushed. "Thank you, August."

"It's not only on the outside. Your personality is beautiful, too. You make me feel like a fool sometimes for wondering around, from town to town fucking every thot around. I'm so glad I met you." he smiled over the candle light.

"Aww, baby. You're gonna make me cry." I got a tissue from my purse and wiped a tear.

"God you're beautiful." he said as the waiter walked back in.

"What will you have?" he pulled out a pen.

"My beautiful lady will have the steak and potatoes with a lemonade." August looked up.

"Ok.." the waiter began to write.

"And I'll take the chicken alfredo with broccoli and carrots with an iced tea." he said. I still got turned on by his New Orleans accent.

"Ok. That will be about 15 minutes if that's ok." he said.

"That's fine." August smiled at me. The waiter walked away.

Through the crack in the curtain, I could see across the hall. Alexis and Antonio were sitting at a table holding hands and talking.

"That's cute." I pointed.

"I'm glad he finally found someone." August looked.

"What you mean?" I said curiously.

"A girl he used to date kept cheating and got pregnant eventually. She lied and said it was his when she really didn't know who's it was. She had a miscarriage from smoking and drinking." he shook his head.

"That's terrible." I said.

"I know right." he looked back at me.

"August you're so dreamy." I said under my breath. I put my head in my hand and stared at him.

"I heard that." he smirked.

"I know." I looked down.

"It's ok." he laughed. We talked and laughed some more until two men came with the food.

"Thank you, gentlemen." August gave each man $50.

"Thank you." they said and walked away smiling. We ate and they took away the dishes. I looked up when August grabbed both my hands.

"Karissa." he stared at me with his beautiful brown eyes.

"Yes, August?" I stared back.

"Before I get into detail I wanna give you your present." he stood up and opened the curtain. A man walked in with huge check for $500,000. I stood up and my jaw dropped. It was for "Alexis and Karissa's Boutique" in August's writing. It even had his signature.