Square One

Karissa's POV

I went to the house first to drop off my things. I went to the master bedroom and opened it. There was my name on the wall along with any pictures of August and I. There was pictures of our first official date. Our trip to the beach. Everything.

I walked over to it and looked at them all.

Could he have been coming here this whole time when I wasn't there?

"Oh god." I looked at a picture of us. There was a date and a picture of a ring.

"04-22-17" was the date.

"He was gonna propose. On my birthday." I put my hand over my mouth and began to cry.

"Why me though. Just when I found the one I thought was forever." I sat and stared at the pictures of us all over the wall.

I jumped when my phone rung. It was Alexis. I forgot about her and Kenneth.

"Hey. Where you at?" she asked.

"I'm at the house August bought for us. Go to the house and get all your things. Don't say shit to August about where I am. I'll text you the address." I said, sad and pissed.

"Ok." she hung up.

I sat back and waited.

August's POV

I sat there on the ground for about 20 minutes crying until Miracle came and sat beside me.

"You broke up with her?" she lifted my head.

"Yes." I slowly nodded.

"I'm sorry Auggie." she hugged me. When she said that I thought of Karissa and broke down again.

"August come in. You could get sick." she held out her hand and pulled me up.

"Where's my daughter?" I walked in the house.

"She's upstairs." she said.

"Let's go to my house." I wiped my face and put on my jacket.

"Ok." she walked upstairs.

I looked around Karissa's living room. Before walking out, she knocked over a picture frame. I flipped over the picture. It was from our first date. We were kissing.

"Ah man. I done fucked up." I dropped the picture.

"Ready." Miracle said, kind of scaring me.

"Aight. Let's go." I grabbed the baby from her and walked out. 

A car pulled up.

DAMN.

Alexis' POV

"Ken, I gotta go. We'll talk later." I hugged him and got up.

"Ok. Bye." he smiled and walked me to the door.

"Promise you'll call?" he asked as I got in the car.

"Yes. Promise." I pulled off.

When I got to the house August was walking out with Miracle.

"Where the fuck you going?" I got out and crossed my arms.

"Home." he tried to walk off.

"You know me better than that. You think Imma let this shit slide? What you do to Karissa? And is she yours?" I stopped him.

"We broke up. Amiah is mine." he said. He had been crying.

"Aight. That's all I needed to know." I pushed pass him and got my things out the house. It was hella empty. I went to the address Karissa sent and braced myself....