Not Now

Karissa's POV (2 weeks later)

I woke up in the morning throwing up. Of course my mind went straight to being pregnant, but it was no way.

I sat and thought really hard. I then realized; that night with August.

"Shit." I rushed over to the calendar. I had missed a period.

"Oh god." I sat back and started to cry.

"OH MY GOD, KARISSA! THE STORE BROUGHT IN $26,000 IN THE FIRST WEEK!" Alexis rushed in with papers in her hand.

"Great." I said quietly.

"What's wrong?" she sat next to me.

"I might be pregnant." I looked at her with tears in my eyes.

"How you know?" she smiled.

"I missed a period and I woke up throwing up. I didn't understand until I thought about that night at Harlem Nights. Me and August..." I said, suddenly smiling.

"Oh my god." she got up and started smiling.

"I know. But how do we know for sure?" I said.

"Hold on." she walked out and came back with a pregnancy test.

"Here." she handed it to me.

"Damn, you and Darian got one on deck." I laughed and walked to the bathroom.

"Shut up and take it." she laughed.

I took it and sat on the other side of the bathroom. Alexis knocked on the door.

"Do you know yet?" she slowly walked in.

"You go look." I said, getting nervous.

"OK." she walked over to it and smiled. She handed it to me.

I was, in fact, pregnant.

"Oh god." I cried tears of joy.

"I know." she smiled and we walked back in my room.

"But how do I tell August?" I sat at the end of the bed.

"Tell me what?" he walked in with Amiah.

FUCK MY LIFE.

August's POV

I walked in from a long night at the studio and heard Amiah crying. Miracle had to be sleep if she hadn't got her yet.

"Hey baby." I picked her up. She smiled and stopped crying. I changed her and put her back in the crib.

"Bae, I'm back." I walked in the bedroom, only to see her on top of a nigga.

"Fuck?" I froze.

"August." she jumped up.

"Yeah." I said, looking at the nigga.

"Get yo ass out my house." I pulled a gun from the drawer.

"Aight man." he rushed and put on his clothes.

"What the fuck was you doing?" I dropped the gun and walked up to her.

"Uh.." she tensed up.

"Our daughter was in there crying but nah, that ain't important to you! I go away for one night and you fucking another nigga!" I yelled, heated.

"I'm sorry." she started to cry.

"Get the fuck out my face. I'm taking my damn daughter." I said, packing some clothes.

"Where will you go?" she smirked. I started to punch her, but I calmed down.

"Back to where I came from." I said.

"You can't just take Amiah from me." she said, crying again.

"I damn sure will. I'll get full custody of her, too. Find a fuckin lawyer." I walked out into Amiah's room.

"No." she tried to grab me.

"Get away from me before I do something I'll regret." I looked at her with seriousness.

"Ok." she turned and went back to the room.

"Hey baby." I smiled. Seeing her sleeping face made me feel a lot better.

"Daddy will protect you." I picked her up and put her in the car seat.

I packed a lot of her clothes and other things she'd need. I started to walk downstairs when Miracle grabbed me.

"Don't." she cried. I started to give in but that's what got me in this situation.

"Nah, I'm good." I smiled and went to the car. 

Karissa, here I come.

Karissa's POV

"Uh, the store brought in $26,000 in the first week." I forced a smile.

He gave me a sneaky look. "No, it's something else." he sat Amiah on the bed and walked over to me.

"No.." I hid the pregnancy test under my leg.

"Is it a boy or a girl?" he smiled.

"How'd you know?" I showed him the test.

"We went 45 minutes without a condom. There was no way you wouldn't have been pregnant." he smiled.

"So you're not mad?" I stood up.

"Why would I be? I'm just growing my family. I love you and I wouldn't want to share this with anybody else." he put his hand on my stomach.

"I love you too." I said quietly.

"So can we try this again?" he put his hand around me.

"What about Miracle?" I smiled.

"She was cheating. Fuck her." he kissed me.

"Oh." I looked at Amiah and lowered my head.

"Answer me." he lifted my head.

"Yes." I smiled.

"That was sweet." Darian and Alexis clapped.

"When did you get here?" I rolled my eyes and hugged him.

"Right after Aug. So y'all reunited?" he shook his hand.

"Yes." I smiled and winked at Aug.

"Let's celebrate our sales." Alexis sat next to me.

"Where y'all wanna go?" Darian said.

"I don't care." she shrugged.

"Let's go shopping and out to eat. I'm hungry as fuck." I stood and stretched.

"Hold on, is that a pregnancy test?" Darian looked at it and then at Alexis. "And is it positive?" he raised an eyebrow.

"That's mine. And yes, it is." I blushed.

"Aww, congrats." he smiled.

"Let's celebrate that too." Alexis stared at my stomach.

"What about Amiah?" August got her out the car seat.

"I forgot all about her. She's the cutest." I grabbed her from him.

"How old is she?" Alexis rubbed her cheek.

"She's 4 and 1/2 months old." August said proudly.

"She can come too. Everybody be ready in 15 minutes." I handed her to August and walked into the bathroom.

"Ok baby mama." Aug smiled.

*************

Hope you enjoyed. #alsinanation😜

OOOOUUUU🎀