What a Shame

"August, please wake up." I heard Alexis crying over me. I squeezed her hand.

"August, can you hear me?" She smiled. I slowly nodded.

"He's awake." she looked back at Darian.

"Great." he stood up.

"What I miss?" I cleared my throat and sat up.

"We didn't catch them." Alexis said, sadly.

"Don't be sad. We'll make it." I said, smiling.

"I know." she smiled.

"When can I go home?" I asked.

"Maybe tomorrow morning." the doctor said, walking in.

"Ok. I can rest." I said.

"You have visitors." he said, stepping aside. Nicki, Ty, Chy, Chris and Kae walked in.

"We heard what happened." Nicki walked in and hugged Alexis.

"I hope you feel better." she hugged me.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"What happened? You supposed to kill muhfuckas." Chris walked over and shook my hand.

"Couldn't kill them. They would've killed Karissa." I sat up.

"I hope you get better." Kae hugged me.

"I feel better already. My arm just hurt like hell." I looked down at it. My hand was wrapped up and the gun shot wound had blood still leaking from it.

"Excuse me everyone, but I need you to step out. We only need Alexis and Darian in the room." the nurse stepped in.

"Ok. Bye babe." Nicki hugged me and so did everyone else.

"Ok. The police captain told me to review these with you. He wants to know if you can de-code these notes passed between KJ and Aiden." she said after everyone left.

"Ok." They stood up and looked at the pieces of paper she spread across the bed. I picked up one:

"KJ,

         i need you to pick up 1 gate from oscar 3 are on the way. My deepest regArds go to your FamIly in this time of need. xx.

Aiden."

The first read. I put it down and picked up another one:

"KJ,

         1 of the gates arrived. 3 More to go. Acceptance isn't always easy. Fuck everyone else. I need A new partner. xx.

aiden."

Said the next one. I picked up the last:

"KJ,

         1 and 3 have MAde it here. add no more. ForgIveness shAll live in your heart. xx.

aiden."

Read the last. I noticed the pattern of capital letters and realized something.

"Darian." I put my hand on his shoulder. 

"You got something?" he looked up.

"13 Mafia." I said, still staring at the notes.

"How do you know?" Alexis looked at me.

"Look at the numbers and the Capital letters. It's a pattern." I said.

"You're right." she said.

"That makes sense. The 13 Mafia is staged in Atlanta and California. They're moving with Karissa. You know what the 13 Mafia does to girls." he said.