Fight or Fall?

© Copyright Sweetdreamer747 2016, All Rights Reserved

She found the whole she dug herself too deep,
and each time she tried to crawl out of it, she
would fall harder and harder...the ground grew weaker and weaker. She pondered giving up hope on seeing the light in fear of breaking the foundations beneath her. Once that was gone there would be nothing. She would just fall deeper and deeper. Eventually no amount of light would be able to even reach her. So she grins and bares the darkness that has consumed her. She fools others into thinking her face is kissed by the sun of day even though when she is alone the weight of the shadows consume her. She grew cold and numb baring this weight on her shoulders. She pushed people away when they came too close to see what she wanted so desperately to hide. How easy it was...she thought to herself... It shouldn't be so easy. The weight was beginning to be too heavy to bare and she prayed for someone to relieve her. But she knew no one would come. The hole was too deep and she hid herself so well from the world. Little did she know that standing still was no better than trying again. At least with trying you have a chance of either getting out or falling harder, but standing still...
You'll just break from within.