Chapter 11

AN: sorry guys!! Things have been crazy with getting back into the swing if school. I got my schedule fixed so when I don't have driving practice I can write more. Woot!! So who liked the fluff? I feel like a real writer sitting alone with my Starbucks, writing in public. Haha.

Don't forget to comment and vote. Tell me what you think.

Okay thanks lovies.

*Devon*
~•~•~•~•~•~
---------------

~•~Chapter Eleven~•~

--Narissa POV--

This was the first time Riley had asked me to tell him about my dream. Usually he just would ask; "Dad?" To which most of the time I would nod in response. I blink and hesitate before I nod.

"Okay, can we go to your room though. I don't really want to stand while I talk about this." I speak quietly, mind already racing back to the occurrences during my slumber the previous night. He nods and takes my hand reassuringly as he leads me back to his room. He sits on the edge of his bed and pulls me down carefully so I sit next to him.

"I'm right here okay?" He wraps his arm around me and I nod, swallowing thickly before I start talking, voice barley above a whisper.

"It started out normally. The six of us had dinner and Chris came over a little while later. A few hours later you and I went to my house because I was tired and you didn't like the idea of me being by myself." He snickers quietly. "We pulled out the air mattress and we set it up next to my bed. After about half an hour we fell asleep. Next thing I know in my dream, I hear glass breaking. I wake up and a large, rough hand is placed over my mouth." I explained exactly what happened, included every detail. By this time tears were already staining my cheeks and Riley had both arms around me. "My room was fairly bright because of the street lamp, the way he held my head in place..." I fade off, words being silenced by choked back sobs. Riley pulls me close to him so I hardly have to reposition my face to nuzzle into the crook of his neck.

"Shh... You don't need to say anything else." He holds me tightly and I cling to him for dear life.

--Riley POV--

That's it, I knew this was a bad idea, I was stupid to ask this of her. I couldn't watch her being in so much pain. I speak softly to her as she nuzzles into me. She shakes violently and I hold her tightly.

"I've got you. I'm sorry. I won't ask again." I murmur softly to her and she nuzzles into me more. We sat in complete, with the exception of the rain, silence. We hear the door slam shut.

"Where's Riss and Ri?" I hear Toby chirp but Riss doesn't move. I grab a blanket and wrap it around her, she pulls it tight around her and closes her eyes.

"Thanks, Ri." She says quietly. I nod and cuddle her close and she sniffs and Toby knocks softly on the door.

"Can I come in?" He speaks normally as he pokes his head in. I nod and he sits on the other side of Riss. "Nessie. I got your Starbucks." He rests his chin on her shoulder. She turns slowly and hugs him.

"You still afraid of thunderstorms?" She says softly and Toby blushes lightly.

--Narissa POV--

--4 or 5 years ago--

Maizey had to go work at the hospital, they had an emergency and the McDonough parents were visiting friends.

"Narissa, you're in charge of looking out for those boys. I'll be back as soon as I can." She said right before she left.

It was starting to get late, neither my aunt nor the McDonough parents had returned yet and the rain was coming down pretty hard. Connor and Riley had already fallen asleep and I thought Toby had as well. A loud booming shakes the house followed by a delayed flash of light in the distance. Toby bursts into my room and jumps on my bed and hugs me.

"Toby. You're ten years old and you're still afraid of thunder and lightning?" I laugh softly and Toby nods, cuddling into me as the thunder sounds again. I turn off my light and lay down with him. "You know if you count between the thunder and the lightning you tell if it's getting closer or moving away?" He shakes his head. "Let's try it okay?" He nods. "Count with me." A bright light flashes.

"One Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi." Thunder. Pause. Lightning. "One Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi, four." Thunder. We continue counting together until Toby falls asleep, arms just above my waist. Once he's asleep, I wait a few minutes then fall asleep myself.

I get waken up the next morning by Toby bouncing.

"Riss Riss Riss!! The clouds are almost gone!" He smiles wide, bouncing on my bed.

"Go tell Ri and Con." I groan and he nods, bolting off to the living room and I pull the blankets over my head.

--Now--

I pull away a d take the coffee from Toby and smile.

"Thanks Tobes." I mumble as I bring the cup up to take a sip.

"Why did you ask about the thunder storms?" Toby asks confused.

"It looks like the type of weather so I decided to ask." I shrug, holding the warm cup in my hands. I exhale deeply, leaning into Ri, who immediately wraps his arms around me.

"Oh." Toby nods. "Well I'm gonna go hang with Con. Bye." He smiles and walks out.

"Hm?" I hold my coffee up for Riley and he happily takes a sip.

"Thank you..." He makes a pleased sound in his throat and I nuzzle into him like a kitten. "You're so adorable." He carefully puts his chin on the top of my head as I make a sound close to a purr. "You're like a little kitten." He chuckles and I smile up at him.

"Okay you big puppy dog you." I peck his lips and he smiles.

"You tired?" I shrug.

"Maybe a little." I mumble. "But now I got my Starbucks." I smile at him more and he shakes his head in humour and I roll my eyes. We look at each other and laugh.

"We are weird." He laughs out.

"You're tellin' me!" I giggle. "Can we go over to my house?" He nods and we stand up.

"Lego..."

"Lego." I grin as I finish the phrase for him.