Chapter 27

AN: sorry it took so long to update guys. I'm starting this other fic but I want to write a lot of it before I post any of it. Only one person knows what it's about.

Any who, hope you enjoy this chapter. Read on.

≫Devon⇒

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

--------------------------------

~•~Chapter Twenty-Seven~•~

--Riley POV--

Riss and I lay there for a little while longer before her stomach starts to growl. I laugh softly as she shushes her stomach.

"Quiet you!" She pats her stomach as it growls again. I laugh more.

"Maybe we should go get some breakfast." I suggest and she nods.

"Okay. You need to put a shirt on first mister." She pokes my chest and giggles.

"Do not. It's a bunch of guys. You're the only girl." I smirk.

"Yes and the fact that you and the only girl are in a relationship and are uhm, sharing a room and bed..." She looks at me.

"Oh, okay. I get it. So, what shirt should I wear?" I nod and she laughs as she stands and throws a white v-neck at me.

"That one is good." She goes to the bathroom and brushes her hair. I pull on the shirt and walk up behind her, wrapping my arms around her waist. "Hey, you ready?" She looks at me in the mirror. I nod.

"Yep, let's go." I let go of her waist and take her hand as we walk out to the kitchen. Everyone is still asleep. Weird. I let go of Riss's hand and turn to look for signs of any one.

"Ow! What the fuck?!" I hear Riss call out and I spin around and see her sitting on the counter.

"Riss, what's wrong?" I start to walk towards her.

"Don't come into the kitchen. There's glass everywhere." She stops me, picking pieces of glass out of her foot. I bite my lip and watch her nervously. "Shit." She grinds her teeth as pulls a larger piece out. "Riley, can you get me a towel please. They should be in the hall bathroom."

"Yeah. I'll be right back." I run to the bathroom and grab a towel and a washcloth just in case, wetting the washcloth quickly before running out and setting the towels on the safe side of the counter.

"Thanks love. Can you try and find a pair of tweezers for me?" She asks softly and I nod and run to our room and grab a pair out of my bag and jog back.

"Here," I put them on the counter, same as I did the towels.

"Thanks." She grabs them and pulls out smaller pieces of glass. "Son of a bitch!" She yells out. Toby walks out groggily.

"Why you yell?" He rubs his eye and I grab his arm before he walks into the kitchen.

"There's broken glass on the floor, Toby. Wake up a little bit please." I mumble the last part and continue to watch Riss anxiously.

"Okay. Can I go sit on the couch?" He yawns and I point him in the right direction and he goes and sits on the couch.

"You okay?" I ask Riss, she was biting her lip to concentrate.

"Fine." She says flatly as wraps the washcloth over one foot and goes to work on the other. I nod and grab a chair from the table and sit down and watch. "Can you get me another washcloth please?" She doesn't look up from her foot and I nod and go and get one. I wet it and bring it back to her. "Thanks. Can you wake Connor so he can keep an eye on Toby?"

"Will you be alright while I do that?" I ask softly.

"I'll be fine, Ri. Now, please go get Connor." She mumbles, slowly pulling a piece of glass out of her foot. "Fuck!" She hisses.

"I'll go get Connor." I go down the hall to Connor's room. I knock on the door before I enter and whisper out his name. "Connor, hey bro, you up." He turns in bed and I groan. This should be fun. I walk over and shake his shoulder and he shrugs me off. I pinch the bridge of my nose after I try slapping him awake.

"Geez, Connor. Waking the dead is easier than waking you." I mumble and he buries his face in the pillow. I yank the blankets off of him and pull the pillow away then hit him with it.

"No, sleep." He grumbles.

"Dude, wake up, Riss needs you to keep an eye on Toby while she's getting glass out of her foot." I groan.

"Riss has glass in her foot?" He looks at me.

"Yeah, there's glass all over the kitchen now get up and get dressed, you need to watch Toby." I throw clothes at him and wait outside his room. It takes him a couple minutes to get dressed. "Come on man. Hurry up!" I exhale deeply.

"I'm comin', I'm comin!!" He calls back and opens the door. "Okay I have a question, where did the glass come from?" I shrug.

"Maybe the window... Shit. The window. He could get in if it was the window." I look at Connor panicked.

"There is no way he could've found us bro. We're safe, it is called a safe house, remember?" He puts a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, you're right." I shake my head. "Come on let's go."