Chapter 24

AN: you guys are amazing, it feels like I just got to 600 reads and now I'm getting really really close to 1k. Thank you so much! Don't forget to vote and comment. Let me know what I could do to improve or what you like about a chapter or something. Thanks again guys!! :)

≫Devon⇒

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

---------------------

~•~Chapter Twenty-Four~•~

--Narissa POV--

Riley and I sat like that for a little while. I hum softly, soft little rhythms and melodies at random. I looked at him, his bangs were lying limp across his forehead and I run my fingers through them, brushing them back. He leaned into my touch and I smile softly.

"Hey... Ri, you feeling any better?" I hold his face softly and he nods into my hand. "Hey, I know you don't like me seeing you like this, just remember the words to your song."

"Which song?" He mumbles out and I smile softly. "Or which words?"

"How It's Always Been." He looks at me. "You've seen the dark and you've seen the light, the sides of me that I'm tryin to fight."

"You know the words?" He smiles weakly.

"Every word to every song." I kiss him softly. "Cuz you mean so much to me."

"And I hope I'll never be the guy that you can't stand to see." He smiles against my lips.

"I really do love you, Ri. A lot."

"I know, I love you too. A lot." He hugs me and I nuzzle into him.

"You going to let people help now?"

"I don't know, I'm just..."

"I know you're scared, hell, so am I. But you don't see me pushing people away. You see me cling to the ones I love." I look at him and he looks back surprised. "What?"

"Nothing, you're right. I need to let people help." He nods and I watch his face. Suddenly he nuzzles into my neck and I squeak. "You are the bravest person I know." He murmurs.

"I'm not brave, bravery is just a nice word for stupidity." I whisper softly.

"Fine then you're the strongest. You're at least stronger than I am." He nuzzles me more.

"Shh, just. Just don't talk." I pull back slightly and look at him. "You're eyes are so pretty, maybe even more so after you cry." He blushes lightly. "Sorry, that came out weird. I didn't mean it in a weird way I meant it in a-" He puts his lips to mine, silencing me. He smirks as he pulls back.

"I love you but sometimes you talk too much." He chuckles softly and I giggle.

"Love you too, Ri." I run my fingers through his hair again and smile softly, tilting my head slightly.

"What?" He asks softly, cocking a brow.

"No eyebrows." I smile wide and paw softly at his eyebrow.

"What if yes eyebrows?" He laughs.

"No..." I pull my hand back and he smiles and tackle hugs me back onto his bed. "Riley!" I squeal.

"Riss!" He laughs more and I smile up at him.

"I am really glad Connor hasn't walked in on this."

--Riley POV--

I nod in agreement.

"Yeah, that would be awkward." She rubs my arms as I look down at her.

"What?" Riss gives me a confused look and I shake my head and lean down, kissing her softly. She smiles for a second before kissing back. "We should go gather everyone up." She whispers softly as I pull slowly away from her lips so they brush mine as she talks.

"Yeah, we should." I murmur back, feeling her hot breath on my face. I look at her and blink a few times before completely getting up and holding out a hand for her. She takes it and sits up then I pull her up into a standing position. Once she's up she falls forward slightly, her nose bumping my chest. "Woah, you okay?" She nods and nuzzles my chest.

"I'm okay." She whispers. "Let's go." I nod and hold her hand as we walk back to the living room.