Chapter 34

AN: so. When I finish this story should I do a sequel/epilogue? Comment and let me know! Also comment title ideas if I do :3

Thanks guys!

≫Devon⇒

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

-----------------------

~•~Chapter Thirty-Four~•~

--Narissa POV--

After a while Riley fell back asleep and I played with his hair as I watched him. He nuzzled into my neck more and pulled me closer. I sigh silently and wrap my arms around him and hold him tightly.

"We'll be okay." I whisper more to myself than him. This was my fault. I shouldn't have gotten attached, I should've stayed far away, locked myself in my room so that no one could find me. But I didn't. And now we're here. I resist the urge to scream, I didn't want to wake Riley, or freak anyone out. I bite my lip and keep silent as I mentally beat myself up. I needed some air. I carefully get out of Riley's grasp and walk out to the living room and sit on the couch. I wasn't allowed to go outside unless some one was with me and currently everyone was asleep. I pull out my phone that was on airplane mode so I couldn't make any calls that could be traced and I had turned off the GPS long ago. I scroll through my pictures when someone walks in.

"Can't sleep either?" I jump as I hear Connor's voice. I spin around instantly and exhale deeply.

"God damn it Connor! You scared the shit out of me!" I say as I begin to relax.

"Sorry." Connor whispers as he sits next to me.

"It's okay." I try to smile and he frowns. "I'm not fooling you am I?"

"Not for a second... What's wrong?" He turns to look at me. I sigh heavily.

"What isn't wrong..." I mumble to myself. I rub my face before I answer Connor's question. "I guess a little bit of everything."

"How so?" I shoot him an 'are you serious?' look. "I guess your right." He nods. "Riley really asleep?"

It was my turn to nod. "Yeah, out like a light."

"Riss?"

"And lights can be turned back on just as easily." I smile sadly as I hear Riley stumble down the hall, still at least 75% still asleep. "Come here, Ri." I hold a hand out for him, he takes it and moves quickly, hugging me from behind. "You okay?" He nuzzles into my back.

"Don't wander off like that again. Please, okay?" I nod and sigh silently. "Can we go back to bed?" I look at Connor who nods.

"Yeah, let's go." I walk him back to our room and I wave to Connor and he waves back. I let Riley lay down before I do and I cuddle into him.

"You okay?" He whispers, more awake now. I nod and nuzzle into his bare chest. "You sure?" I hesitate and shake my head. "What is it?"

"I'm... I'm worried about you." I whisper softly. I hesitate before I look up at him. He nods and brushes my hair behind my ear, it had grown long over the months, I didn't have it cut before this whole fiasco started, and was lightened so I looked somewhat different.

"Well, I'm worried about you too." He wraps his arms around me.

"Let's just go back to sleep." I murmur and he nods. We eventually both fall asleep.

--Connor POV--

After Riss left with Riley I sigh and go to the kitchen. I make myself a cup of hot coco and listen to my music. I go back to the living room and lay on the couch and drink my drink still listening to my music. I finish my coco and close my eyes.

I wake up, the sun hitting my face.

"What the. Oh. I guess I dozed off." I mumble to myself. I check the time. 8:34 am. I yawn, that was the most I've slept at one time in a while. Guess that hot chocolate did the trick. I get up and go check on Riss and Riley. I crack the door slightly and hear soft breathing. I close the door again and go check on Toby. He's still asleep but is falling off his bed. I go over and push him back onto the bed and he hugs a pillow to his chest, mumbling softly. I leave and go to the kitchen and make myself some scrambled eggs and Riley comes shuffling out.

"Morning bro. Want some eggs?" He nodded weakly as he went to the fridge and pulled out the milk. "You okay?" He shrugs still not talking.

--Riley POV--

It wasn't that I was ignoring Connor, I just didn't have the energy to actually talk. I quickly drink my glass of milk and put the jug away. Connor hands me a plate of eggs and I take a few bites.

"Thanks Con." I lean against the counter, waking up and getting a sudden burst of energy. "Did you get any sleep last night?" Connor shrugs.

"Some how about you?"

"Yeah but not good sleep." I eat some more as Connor leans against the adjacent counter. "Hope I didn't kick Riss."

"That restless huh?" I nod and Toby groans as he walks out and goes to the living room. "Go check on Riss and I'll check in with Toby." I nod again and finish my eggs before I go check on Riss. She's still asleep, holding a pillow pet to her chest, mumbling softly. I smile and sit with her for a while before heading back out to the kitchen, shutting the door behind me quietly.