Chapter 4

~•~Chapter Four~•~

--Narissa POV--

After Toby and Connor threw Riley in the pool he got out and hugged me. He was soaking wet and shivering.

"Riley!!" I laugh out, making sure his caseless phone doesn't get wet and hug him back. "You're shivering." I hold him close.

"'M cold..." He stutters out, teeth chattering.

"Let's go get you warmed up." I laugh softly. He nods and I lead him inside. "Go get changed. I'll grab you some blankets." I push him towards his room.

"A-alone?" He pouts, still shivering.

"Yes, Ri... Alone. As in without me. Okay?" I talk like I'm speaking to a young child.

"Okay..." He kisses my cheek before going to his room, causing me to shudder slightly, but not in a bad way. That's when I realised I was soaking wet as well and went to change. I think what the hell and just get changed into my pajamas before running to grab blankets. I meet Riley in the kitchen, arms full of blankets.

"Make Connor go on a Starbucks run." I smile and Connor runs in.

"I heard my name and Starbucks. What did I miss?" He says as he nearly runs into the wall. Riley and I both start cracking up until I respond to Connor.

"I said you should go on a Starbucks run!" He crosses his arms stubbornly.

"You're almost seventeen. Drive yourself... Besides it looks like it's going to rain." He pouts.

"Correction!" Toby yells as he runs in. "It is raining. Pouring actually."

"Huh, that was a quick weather change." I make a face and look at Riley. "I'll make coffee."

"But it's not Starbucks." Toby whines, giving me puppy eyes.

"I'm in my pajamas and it's pouring. I am not driving to Starbucks." I put the emphasis on 'not'.

"But..." Toby keeps up the puppy eyes.

"Riley, tell him to stop please." I sigh.

"Give him puppy eyes back..." Riley suggests and I do just that. I give Toby puppy eyes back and his lips shake as he tries to not smile.

"Toby, don't make me go out when it's all cold and icky." I blink at him. He finally cracks smiling.

"Okay, Connor can go get Starbucks. He's an experienced driver." Toby grins over at Connor and I laugh as I walk over to the coffee maker and I turn to ask where the coffee and filters were, but my face came in contact with Riley's chest. I blush lightly.

"Sorry..." He laughs softly. "I should've let you known I was behind you."

"It's okay... Where's the uhm, the coffee and coffee filters?" I raise my eyebrows, face cooling down as the blush faded away.

"Coffee is in the fridge, I'll get the filter for you." He smiles happily and I go over to the fridge and open it, searching for the coffee.

"Ah-ha!" I exclaim as I find it. I turn around and see Riley has some how gotten his arm stuck in the drawer. "Riley!?" I laugh. "How did you manage that?!"

"The coffee filters were in the back." His face starts to turn red. I look over and Connor is on the floor laughing and Toby facepalms. "'S'not funny!" Riley's voice cracks slightly.

"I'll help you. Don't worry, you freak." I grin at him and he rolls his eyes. After a few minutes I have Riley's arm free and he rubs his elbow that is all red. "I'll get the filters." I reach back and grab one and start to make coffee.