Chapter 17

AN: I FOUND MY OLD PTA MEMBERSHIP CARD AND EXPIRED THE EXACT DAY RILEY JOINED BYE I AM CRYING!!! I seriously can't right now.

*Devon*
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
---------------------

~•~Chapter Seventeen~•~

--Riley POV--

I led Riss through the house to the living room, grinning like an idiot. I could tell because my mouth and cheeks were starting to hurt, and hurt a lot.

"You ready?" I ask once we're stopped and in the living room.

"Are you really asking that?" She squeezes my hand and I smile wide, I can't help but laugh softly.

"I just want to make sure you're ready to see the amazingness." I tease her.

"Ri, you can be such a pain in the ass sometimes!" She whines.

"Okay, okay. On three okay?"

"Yes!!" She groans.

"Okay, one, two... two and a quarter." I grin.

"Really Ri!?" She slaps my arm.

"Two and a half. Three!" I pull my hand away from her eyes and she covers her mouth.

--Narissa POV--

"Three!" Riley pulls his hand away from my eyes, revealing a giant, and by giant I mean like half my size, polar bear, holding a big box of chocolates, I would assume, and there was a card on its hind leg. I cover my mouth and turn to Riley.

"Ri. I. I." I tried to talk but that's all that came out. I hug him tightly and nuzzle his neck to hide my tears and I smile. We would always give each other little things like small stuffed animals, candy and occasionally Starbucks gift cards for valentines but this was the first year I actually had a valentine, and it was him. He wraps his arms around my waist in response, cuddling me close.

"So. Do you like it?" He speaks softly into my hair. I nod once and nuzzle into him more.

"Thank you." I whisper and he nods, kissing the top of my head.

"Of course. I l- I just want to make you happy." He makes an obvious change to what he was originally going to say.

"Riley, just say it."

"I'm afraid you won't say it back." He murmurs and I smile.

"I've been waiting forever for you to say it, so just spit it out already." I laugh softly and pull back so I can look him in the eye to show him I mean business.

"Okay. I love you." He says softly. I smile as each syllable rolls off his tongue.

"Hey, Ri." I continue to smile and he looks back at me, cheeks flushed slightly. "I love you too." I blush lightly and he smiles softly and I lean up and kiss him slowly. He hold me close as he kisses back and I smile against his lips.

"Go read your card." He pecks my forehead and brushes the hair behind my ear.

"Only if you come with." I smile and he nod and takes my hand leading me over to the big bear.