Chapter 15

Marshall and I had been hanging out a lot (and kissing a lot), and going on little adventures through the woods behind his house. Those were always fun. I would always get too excited about the wild life and Marshall would pretend to care when he'd listen to me ramble on about different trees. And if we were lucky, sometimes we'd see some deer and their babies wandering around. Which usually ended in Marshall scaring them off, and me scolding him for doing so. And one time Marshall had the great idea of putting a leash on Schwabble and we took her for a walk. Good glob was that a mess!

She somehow got loose and ran up a tree trying to hunt for birds. And Marshall eventually had to climb after her, to which Schwabbs jumped out of the tree, and Marshall ended up falling. But good news, Schwabble is safe and Marshall is just fine.

And another thing, I got an A+ on my calc test. Highest in the class, as usual.

Right now I was taking a walk to Marshall's. It was only about 4 o'clock and I didn't have anything better to do. Once I was on his front porch, I knocked on the door.

"It's unlocked!" Marshall's muffled voice shouted from inside. I twisted the knob and let myself in, only to be greeted with bright lights and the two cousins sitting on the floor. Bonnie was practically sitting in Marshall's lap as she dabbed a little egg-shaped sponge repeatedly all over his face.

"...I'm not even going to ask," I sighed and hung my jacket on the handrail of the stairs before plopping down on the couch, watching them do whatever they were doing.

"Makeovers! Lost story short, we were bored, and now this is happening," Marshall explained while messing with the stretchy headband that was keeping his hair out of his face. Bonnibel kept moving him so that he'd face her. I hummed in response and continued to watch as his complexion became more and more flawless.

"Okay... I think that foundation looks good. Now we just need to brighten up your under eyes and stuff," Bonnie mumbled, probably just thinking out loud. She picked up a little cylinder of skin colored makeup and started applying it under Marshall's eyes, forehead, nose, and chin.

"What's that?" Marshall asked, clueless to all of this. As was I. I may be a stereotypical gay, but I don't know a thing about makeup. The only experience I've ever had with it was in middle school when Fionna tried to put some mascara on me. And trust me, she knew about just as much as I do about it.

"It's concealer," she said, twisting the cap closed and grabbing the little egg thing. "You put it where you want to conceal dark circles, zits, or anywhere you want to brighten up. Essentially, make you look more awake and flawless, if that makes sense." She began dabbing it all over where she put the concealer, making it disappear into the rest of his skin. Marshall just hummed in response.

"How do I look so far, Bubbs?" Marshall asked, making pouty model faces from where he was sitting. I smiled and studied his face. He did look different, and more awake and flawless just as Bonnie said.

"Just fabulous. I don't know what's happening, but I'm enjoying watching it."

Marshall laughed. "I don't know what's happening either but this is fun! And lowkey therapeutic. It's really relaxing, like a face massage or something."

"Alright, now we're going to bake," Bonnie said.

"Ooo! Can we make cookies?"

"No, let's make cupcakes! I just found a new recipe for red velvet and I've been dying to try it!" I beamed, excited about making sweets.

Bonnibel deadpanned, still holding the egg sponge with white powder stuff on it. "You idiots, I'm not talking about food baking. It's just a beauty term. Now look at me." Marshall frowned and turned towards the red head. I slumped back in my seat. Makeup was so deceiving.