Trouble Washed Down With Coffee.

The sound of the school bell ringing was like music to my ears. I had been worrying all day that I was going to be late for my date with Wren. It was crazy to think of it as a date, but what else was I supposed to call it?

I got straight in my small, yet comfy car, and drove to The Brew. Hopefully Wren wouldn't mind if I were a couple of minutes late. I had a perfectly good excuse, It's not my fault if most of the kids in my school think that the people around them have no where to be and that there is all the time in the world. Besides if I were lucky Wrens shift may run later than he said and then he will be the one apologising for being late.

Unfortunately when I got there I spotted Wren already sat at a table in the back corner. There goes my hopes of not having to cover up being late. I flashed him a quick smile before making my way over to him. Once reaching his table he stood and embraced me in a hug which I quickly returned.

"I'm sorry I'm a little late." I apologise as I sit down across from him.

He shock his head whilst laughing.

"It's fine, better late than never." He smiled.

How have I never noticed how cute he looks when he smiles?

"I've already ordered, I hope you don't mind." He says.

I shook my head slightly.

"No that's okay."

Everything was going fine. We were talking about his work and how he had this huge promotion that he was considering taking on board. And then suddenly Wren's attention was captured by someone who walked in. I rotated in my seat to glance at the door to see what he was looking at.

As soon as I saw who had just entered the cafe it was as if everything had stopped. I was frozen in shock. I turn too look at Wren as soon as we awkwardly make eye contact.

"Oh god." I mutter under my breath.

"Abby Marin, what a surprise."

"Noel Kahn, I wish I could say the same." I reply with a fake smile on my face.

Noel smirks at me without saying anything, but there's a look in his eyes that makes me feel extremely uncomfortable.

He then shifts his gaze over to Wren and smiles.

"I take it this is your way of being helpful." Noel says in a low tone.

Wren looked between me and Noel before shaking his head disapprovingly.

"Leave Noel, now." He says calmly.

"Sorry no can do, you see unlike you I'm actually trustworthy." Noel snapped back.

He moved closer to both me and Wren and leaned into Wren's face intimidatingly. He placed his hands on the table and balled them into fists.

I didn't manage to catch the next thing he said to Wren but judging my his facial expression when Noel walked away, it wasn't good.