Arrangement.

I spent the rest of the night tossing and turning. I couldn't get back to sleep after that horrifying nightmare. I was unable to get the image of his face dripping with blood out of my mind.

I sat at the dining table staring off into space as I nervously tapped my nails on the china cup in between my hands. I didn't even notice Hanna walk in when she did. She pulled me out of my daydream when she slammed her text book down on the table in front of me, making me jump.

"What is with you today?" She asked.

I noticed a look of concern on her perfect facial features that I had always been quite jealous of. Even growing up, she was always the type of girl you would see posing on the cover of a vogue magazine.

"Oh it's nothing." I reply.

I stand up and make my way over to the sink so that I can dump my mug in the hot soapy water.

"Hey, have you heard any news on Emily's mum yet?" I turn back to face Hanna.

"No but Em said she's going back to see her today before school tomorrow." She explains to me.

I nod my head slowly and pull my phone out of my back pocket. Once I unlock the screen a notification immediately pops up on the screen.  I smile uncontrollably once I read the name of the person who has left me a text message.

Wren

I open the message as I walk off into the living room and sky on the couch.

Hey, just wondering if you would like to meet up for coffee tomorrow at about 4ish after my shift at the hospital. X

I type a quick reply saying that I would be there a then Hanna calls me from the kitchen. I make my way back to her and pull myself up into the kitchen counter in front of her.

"Do you wanna talk about what happened?" She says.

I look at my feet as I can already feel the tears threatening to spill. I shake my head so that she knows I don't want to tell her.

"Hanna I would, its just that I don't want to think about it."

She nodded understanding before picking her handbag up from the stool underneath the island in the middle of the room and walking out towards the front door.

"I'm going over Spencer's, she said something about a bird on the phone and needs my help."

I laugh as I hear the words 'help' and 'bird' in the same sentence. Hanna is not an animal person, especially when it comes to birds!