Again?

"So how was it?"

Hanna beamed at me as soon as I walked in through the front door.

Wren had planned another date for us sometime soon. Which I was extremely excited about, although I also felt rather uncertain about it. I'm not sure what that thing with Noel was all about but it was definitely strange.

I threw my thoughts aside and plastered a convincing smile on my face.

"It was wonderful."

I watched my sister's delicate features change slightly. I could tell that she was overjoyed for me. After all, she knew everything about my previous couple of  relationships including how badly they ended. We always just put it down to the possibility of me having a talent for choosing the wrong types of guys. I guess it may also be something to do with luck?

"I'm so glad. You seem happy." She observed.

I nodded before shrugging my coat off and hanging it over the banister at the bottom of the stairs.

"Well I'm exhausted so I'm going to head up to bed."

At the thought of bed I yawned. I hadn't realized just how tired I was. It was probably because my mind was reeling with questions about Wren and Noel. I wanted to find out how they knew each other and also, what could Noel have said to Wren? Whatever it was, it must have been bad. Wren looked as if he'd just seen a ghost and was acting weird for the rest of the evening.

"Okay, see you in the morning." Hanna concluded.

She turned and walked off into the kitchen humming some random tune. I heard the sound of the kettle boiling and then slowly started to make my way upstairs.

My bedroom was cold. Clearly mum had forgotten to turn the heating on this evening. I pulled on a pair of jogging bottoms and one of my old long sleeved band t-shirts before climbing into the sheets. I tried getting to sleep but for some reason my mind wouldn't shut off so instead I decided to check my social media on my phone.

I wasn't too delighted to see I had a message from another unknown number.

You're lucky that coffee you had earlier didn't have any extra ingredients added to it. Poison wouldn't wash down too well I don't think.
- A

Brilliant.