Seven: Heaving Emotions

Sabine was in turmoil. She couldn't understand the feelings she'd had, both when Ezra first had his vision and when he jumped into the circle of troopers and saved their lives.

Intense worry, when he collapsed. A strong pride, when he saved them.

She was sitting in the cockpit thinking, not really paying attention to Hera and Kanan's conversation, when she heard Kanan say something she couldn't ignore.

"He's stronger than me. He doesn't know it, but he is stronger. I don't think I'm enough to train him."

She sighed and got up, feeling the need to see Ezra.

What he'd done was amazing. And the fact that he found out through a vision, that was just crazy. He had known that the mission was a trap, and he had saved the Twi'lek girl's life. He truly was a hero.

She walked to his gunner seat, knowing he usually went there when he needed to think.

When the door opened, she saw Ezra kissing Arene in the middle of the small room.

And her chest exploded.

~//~

Arene pulled back almost immediately, and Ezra could only stand there in shock.

She bit her lip as he stared at her, completely dumfounded, and laughed nervously.

Finally Ezra found his voice. "What was that?"

His tone was completely high pitched, but he didn't care. Arene had just kissed him. Just kissed him.

She laughed a little more, still nervous. "It was a Twi'lek thank you."

He looked at her, incredulous. "What's wrong with a simple, 'Thank you for saving me'?"

She frowned. "You didn't like it?"

Ezra looked away. He couldn't say that. But the fact that she'd just kissed him unnerved him more than he would tell.

"Just...give me some warning before...before...doing that!"

She nodded, looking downcast, but he didn't stick around. He stormed towards the doorway and stepped through, not even wondering why it was open. As he barrelled out the door with a frown on his face, he didn't notice the Mandalorian standing there with a tear on her cheek until he bumped into her.

"Sabine? Are you okay?"

She quickly wiped the tear off, and raised her eyebrows, rolling her eyes.

"Of course I'm okay. You only practically ran me over!"

"Hey, sorry." Her anger was more than usual, and Ezra sensed that having her head hit on his wasn't the real problem. He took her arm and led her away for a bit of privacy, because Arene's head had popped out the doorway to see what was going on.

He quickly pushed her into her own room, thankfully not seeing anyone on the way.

"Sabine, tell me what's the matter. You know you can always talk to me."

Sabine sighed and shook her head. "I don't know. I just don't know."

Sometimes even the smallest doubt can shake the greatest belief.
~Jedi Proverb