The rinks open.

Chapter nine

"There we go. Done." I said putting up the last mistletoe rune. The doors opened, and Karma, Luna, and Blossom came in. Holding a giant tree. Me and Shimmer ran over to help them. I was just glad that they didn't notice the mistletoe, it didn't work if no one noticed it or pointed it out when two or more people went under it. Razor and Cobalt ran over to help. We moved it to the stand and set it in place.
"Ok, so we need to open up tomorrow. We have a party scheduled." Karma told us.
"That's fine. The guilds will be here tomorrow. They'll be skating. We can close at normal time. If we finish decorating, we could do a open late." Blossom said. I nodded.
"We should do that. Cause we haven't been open in five days." Luna said.
"But the painting!" Cobalt whined.
"You guys can continue to work on it. We'll just tell the people that they can't touch the wall." I replied. There was a knock on the windows. We all turned. Four guys stood there. Roller skates in hand. Blossom smiled.
"Why don't we open up now, and the customers can help decorate." Karma nodded, running to open the door, flipping on our 'We Are Open!' Light up sign, and hopping behind the counter. I ran over, and started to explain while Karma got set up.
"Ok guys, so here's the deal. We are actually setting up for Christmas. You know how this is actually a guild hall right?" They all nodded. "Well our guilds having a Christmas party, and a bunch of other guilds are coming over tomorrow. We plan to be open, but we want to have all the Christmas stuff set up." I looked at the mistletoe, thank god it wasn't set to activate yet. "We wanted to know if guys would like to help decorate, and then skate." They all looked at each other, and immediately nodded their heads. I smirked. "Oh, and one more thing. Razor and Cobalt, they're working on painting a wall, so please don't touch that." They nodded.
"Of course. Sounds like fun." One of them said. I nodded.
"Go ahead and talk to Karma. While we go get our skates on."

"Alright Skaters! First off we want to say, thanks for helping us decorate. You guys did an amazing job. We also want to thank you guys for staying clear of the wall that Razor and Cobalt are working on. Also, because of what happened, if any of you parents are worried about the safety here, go over Frost whose skating around, the Game ticket receiver Luna, or Karma at the front desk. They're happy to answer any and all questions. Once again, thank you guys. This mean a lot to us. Have a happy holidays!" Shimmer said through her mic. I sat on the counter. A lady with dark brown hair came up.
"Hi! What can I do for you?" I said politely with a smile. The woman gave me a frown.
"My son was one of the children that hurt. The only reason we continue to go here, is cause he loves this place and refuses to go anywhere else. He says he loves everything about this place." I put my hands over my heart.
"That melts my heart. I'm glad he loves this place. I'm sorry for what happened. I really am. If he wasn't healed yesterday I can get Blossom to come down and do so, we tried to get them all healed, but some left before we got the chance." She continued to frown.
"I want to know what your doing to keep that from happening again." I gave her a small smile.
"Do you want the actual reason, or the reason any good advertiser would give?"
"Real." I sighed.
"To be honest, there is nothing we can do. The staff/guild members here know to do if anything happens. We are all skilled in our magic. Our top priority, both as a guild, business, and mages,  is to not let anyone get harmed. We take full responsibility for anything that happens." I explained. She slammed her hand on the counter.
"I swear, if my son dies here-"
"He won't. I refuse to watch anymore people die around me."

"Happy Happy Birthday! From all of us to you! Happy happy birthday! From all of us to you! Hey!" We sang. The kids clapped, as me and Cobalt set the cake on the table. The mother came to cut it, but we shooed her back to her seat.
"They got it. You just relax." Shimmer said on her way to the DJ booth.
"But-" I smiled.
"Let us pamper you. When was the last time you sat back and relaxed?" I said, twirling a knife made of ice around my fingers. Cobalt sat next to her. The kids gaped and gasped at the knife as it twirled and played around my fingers.
"Relax Miss. We got this." I smiled, cutting the cake and handing it out. The birthday kid, I believe his name was Jack, gave me a hug. I kneeled down and hugged him back.
"Happy birthday!" He smiled, skating back to his spot and digging into his cake. I felt arms wrap around my waist, and I jumped. Spinning. There stood, a smirking Rogue. I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding, giving him a hug. I heard one of the kids mumble something about 'Cooties.' "Welcome to Elemental Dragon." I said into his chest.
"Mind helping me into these skates? It my first time." I nodded. I saw out of the corner of my eye, Shimmer hugging Sting.
"Enjoy your cake guys." I told the kids with a smile. They all nodded eagerly. I led Rogue to one of the benches and sat him down. I noticed Blossom gave him the black ones. "Take off your shoes. I'll do this with you so you know how to do it later." I said, taking off my skates. I undoing the straps. "Ok. So put them on obviously. And tighten the straps. You want the skates to be really tight, other wise, your feet will slip and slide in the skate, killing your balance. Then you just snap the straps. I always hit it a few times to make sure it stays, but that's just me." I explained, going through the steps with him.
"The second I stand up, am I gonna get sick?" I shook my head.
"Nope. Their enchanted." I moved so I was standing in front of him, taking his hands I helped him to his feet. "Take a minute. Get used to your new center of balance, and standing up on your own." I said letting go of his hands. Looking at his face, I looked for any sign of sickness. The second a dragon slayer thought of something as transportation, they got sick to their stomach.