Chapter 44

***Harry's P.O.V.***

So, I found out that my break down happened two days before her birthday... I said sorry about a thousand times when I found out because it just made my asking her for a second chance a thousand times more selfish. She only assured me that she didn't mind at all. I asked her what I could do to make it up to her and she just said that I could talk to the boys and invite them to the club for her birthday. I was a bit surprised when she said that because I figured she would want to stay away from clubs, but nevertheless I did what she wanted.

So, that's what led up to me standing in front of the mirror at my reflection. I had gone with the regular black shirt and black pants but, for maybe the thousands time in the past months I didn't see me. I saw the monster that I had become that night that seemed forever ago. The memories that had finally come to me ran through my head endlessly and made my blood boil in anger and self distgust. Tonight was going to be a long day. 

''Harry?'' Elizabeth called from the doorway. I dropped my hands from my curls and quickly wiped at my eyes before smiling at her. She hadn't told me what her answer was yet, but I wasn't going to get my hopes up. ''Are you alright?'' she wondered. I took in her appearance; a modest shirt and some skinny jeans with a brown leather belt. It reminded me a little too much of that night, but I pushed it away.

''Yeah, I'm fine,'' I assured her with a nod before walking over to her and taking her hand in mine and pulling her towards the door. ''I'll stay with you in the VIP lounge if you want,'' I told her.

''That's okay, I was actually going to go check out what it's like in the regular place with Louis and Carson,'' she shrugged while sliding into the car.

''Okay, well, you know where to find me,'' I told her and she nodded.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

''Harry,'' Elizabeth sang from the opening to the lounge. I looked up from my phone to see her standing there, leaning on a post as she giggled. ''Louis and Carson gave me a few special colored drinks and now I feel weird.''

My eyes went wide and I was immediately at her side as she started to stumble over her own feet. I never thought I'd see Elizabeth piss drunk, but based on how she was acting I'm guessing today was the day. ''You're going to kill them tomorrow,'' I muttered before looping my arm around her waist.

''I want to go home,'' she slurred, ''and party some more!''

I chuckled lightly, ''yeah, okay, c'mon.'' I helped her to the car and laughed a bit whenever she would say something silly or stumble. Once she was in she just made random noises. By the time we were at the flat she was singing the word 'bored' over and over again. I helped her out of the cat and to the flat before guiding her into the kitchen. She hoped up on the counter once we were there and started giggling to herself while I grabbed a bottle of water for her. ''What're you going off about now?'' I questioned with a smile. I stood in front of her and placed the bottle on the counter beside her.

''Just you, HarBear,'' she giggled.

''HarBear?''

''Yeah, that's your new nickname,'' she nodded.

''Really? I like it,'' I smiled and she giggled again.

''You have the best dimples,'' she stated, ''and the best hair, and the best voice, and the best eyes. I really like your eyes...'' I gulped because now she was extremely close and I had to restrain myself from leaning in the rest of the way.

I cleared my throat and tore my gaze from hers as I mumbled a, ''thanks.'' Then I looked back up at her and said, ''I'm going to go get the medicine ready, alright?'' Before I could turn and head towards the bathroom her legs wrapped around my waist and kept me in my place.

''No, I just want you to stay here,'' she whispered in my ear before looking at me and giggling. I could feel my mouth turn dry and I struggled to find words as she leaned towards me. Her lips were brushing against mine and before I knew it her lips were on mine and I was kissing her back with everything I had in me. My hands rested on her back while I desperately drew her closer to myself in attempt to keep her as close as possible. Her hands were clutching my shirt tightly and she did something I wasn't expecting. She pulled it over my head and threw it onto the counter next to her. I stared at her in surprise until she pulled me in for another kiss.

''Elizabeth, w-what are you doing?'' I stuttered once she pulled away from the kiss and started to kiss along my jaw line.

''Isn't it obvious,'' she whispered with a smile in her voice. Her lips trailed down my neck in a sloppy yet almost expert way. I clutched onto the edge of the counter to keep me from doing something I'd regret and, though my eyes were shut tightly, I could tell my knuckles were white by then. A small moan left my lips and she giggled before looking at me. Her small hands traveled down to my pants and she messed with the buttons but I grabbed her wrists.

''Harry,'' she whined with a pout on her lips, ''c'mon, it's my brithday.''

''No, you're drunk,'' I insisted.

''Who cares?'' she groaned in frustration.

''I do, and you will too once you wake up. If you were to wake up and find us in bed together you would... I cant do that to you, Elizabeth,'' I replied, a lot more sure of myself.

''But I want to,'' she persisted.

''And if you still want to when you're sober then we'll talk about it, okay, but we are not doing anything tonight except getting you to bed,'' I stated while gently pulling her legs from my waist and helping her off of the counter. I grabbed my shirt and pulled it back over my head before guiding her to her room.

''Will you stay with me?'' she wondered once I got her there.

''Just get to bed, I'll stay until you fall asleep,'' I told her while I pulled her sheets back and motioned to the bed. She slowly climbed in, but once her head hit the pillow she was out. I sighed heavily and patted her head gently before heading out to the kitchen and sitting in one of the bar stools. One thing was for sure; I wasn't going to get any sleep tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Only one more chapter people! I am going to have separation issues with this story, but I'll get over it. I hope you have enjoyed reading his story as much as I have enjoyed writing it. I'll be sad to see it go, but happy that it was resolved. Any guesses on what will happen in the final chapter?

-cow_queen