Chapter 4: Marius's Decision

~Marius's POV~

I can still remember the day that I had met Enjolras. I remember how I used to think that he would never like me, as we had completely opposite personalities. He was focused. I was constantly off in another world. He could always speak so easily, without a single moment of hesitation. I constantly fumbled upon my words. He had something to drive him. I had yet to find mine. Yet, even with these differences, Enjolras and I still managed to become really close friends, almost brothers even. Now, what was I doing? I was betraying him.

Cosette opened the door to her house for as my breath bounced off against her neck. I had no intention of going home, and by the way Cosette pulled me into her house then kicked the door shut. I don't believe she had any intentions of it either. As soon as we had gotten into her house, our lips crashed together roughly. We gravitated towards her couch, and soon enough fell upon it. We moved quickly with one another, both our tongues fighting harshly for dominance. We moved as if it could end at any moment, for in reality it could. Cosette may have lived by herself, but Eponine was waiting for me at home.

That was the only thought I had about Eponine throughout that entire experience. That she was waiting for me. I didn't think of any of the repercussions. I knew there would be a plenthor of them. In that moment though, I simply didn't care. My lips escaped their war with Cosette's as they began to take a leisurely hike down her jawline and neck. Cosette's fingers found their way into my hair, and began to dig through it coursely. My lips soon after taking their little climb connected once again with hers. My fingers soon found their way into the gold mine that took place upon her head as hers had begun to move slowly down my back. God, I had never had felt such a sense of rapture.

Everything about what was happening felt so right to me, no matter how wrong it truly was. I never really touched upon the wrong at that time. I only managed to focus on what felt right. The way that Cosette's lips felt as if they were meant to continuously connect with mine. The feeling of pleasure from having her body held so close to mine. How every single time our hands interlocked, it was so hard to let go of them. Everything about having Cosette there just felt right. I don't believe it would have felt the same with anyone else there, and I was praying that that was the way she felt too.

Cosette was the first to pull out of our little game as she let out a light gasp for air. I looked down at her, and she smiled back up at me. I caressed the side of her face softly with the back of my hand while she clasped it tightly. She muttered out from her dazed state, "That was a-amazing."

"You're amazing. I smiled softly, "I don't want this to end." It was true. I never wanted it to end. I would have stayed there forever with Cosette if I could.

"Well," she whispered, "it doesn't have to." I raised an eyebrow at her quizzically as a smirk spread across her face. Slowly, she moved my hand down her face and neck, then continued to move it lower. She was willing to go further? My mind raced at the thought of this. Maybe she had done this before? Probably with Enjolras. I, for one, never had done anything like this before. It had never crossed my mind before. Yet, the thought about sharing it with Cosette seemed just right in my mind.

I looked deeply into her eyes, and asked her, "D-do you mean?"

She gave me a short nod, "Only if you want to."

I pondered this more for a moment. The repercussions of both Eponine and Enjolras far away from my mind. It was less about the outside world, and more about what I was feeling. And in that moment, I was feeling like I really wanted it. My smile from before returned and widened, "Ye-yeah. I do. I really do."

"Well then," she pressed her forehead against mine, and whispered into my ear, "what's stopping you?"

I picked Cosette up in my arms, and stood up. I knew where I was headed. I was headed towards a door that would undoubtedly open up to trouble. However, my mind was to dazed to think about the future. It was only able to focus on what was about to happen right now. I opened the door to her room, and whispered against her lips.

"Nothing."