29

We had one more night alone before we had to make the drive back to Stars Hollow and pick up Sandra. Collin had decided to hold onto the Kings Head Inn Bed and Breakfast, once he found out the Logan and I had conceived Sandra the very night he purchased it, and as a sick joke he proceeded to call it the Rogan Suite.

I remember the day the boys found out.

***

"Martini anyone?" Finn asked.

"I don't think I,lo be drinking for at least seven more months." I replied, pouring a cup of tea. The room went silent, and I looked up to see that their jaws were hanging open.

"Logan?!" They all said in unison.

"What?!" He replied holding his hands out in front of him.

"When did all this happen?" Collin asked, picking his jaw up of the floor.

"Seriously? The only night it could have." He replied.

"Now don't go giving each other a hard time other this." I interjected.

"But we were still hoping we had a chance." Robert added in sarcastically.

"Ha ha. Very funny." I said. "And to answer your question Collin, it was the night and the bed and breakfast."

"Not that you really needed to know." Logan added.

"As man, now I have to hold onto it. And to think I was gonna sell the place." Collin said.

"You don't have to do that." I said laughing.

"Of course I do! I think I shall dub that room the Rogan Suite. In honor of the two of you!" He said lifting his glass.

"Now Definetly don't do that!" I said busting up finally.

"It is already done." He said.

"Well let's drink to it!" Robert added.

"To you love!" Finn said lifting his glass towards me. "And to you as well." he added lifting it towards Logan as well.

"Who would have thought that night would have put us all here." Robert added.

"Cheers!" Everyone said raising their glass, and I raised my cup of tea.

***

We walked through the front door of the bed and breakfast, and were greeted with a large portrait of Mr. Bean. Collin had the image blown us as a joke towards the British theme of the Inn.

The Inn was bustling with people this time, I had insisted he didn't buy out the entire place for just two people.

"Welcome. Checking in?" An older woman said from behind the desk.

"Yes we called in a little while ago. Reservation is under Logan Huntzberger." Logan replied.

"Yes, I have you right here Mr. Huntzberger. We have you in room six. It will be upstairs to the left, enjoy your stay." She said, handing him the key.

He took the key and then intertwined our fingers together, lifting my hand and kissing it. "Let's go." He said.

We made our way up the stairs and down the hallway to room six. We unlocked the door and walked through. The room was just as I had remembered it. The sun flooded into the room and the large tree outside the window was in full bloom. Everything was the same, except the bittersweet feeling that floated around us before. I walked across the space and sat in the window seat.

"Seems like a full circle." I said.

"Except, there are so many differences." Logan said walking over to where I sat.

"You're right about that one." I said with a chuckle. "To think if I had gone to Harvard we wouldn't be here today."

"Oh Ace, I think we would have found each other at some point. We are two halves of one whole." He said, taking my hands in his.

"It's been a journey." I replied.

"Yes, it has." He said.

He smiled at me and then I leaned toward him, setting my forehead against his, like we had done so many times before. "I could stay like this forever."

"Well go because now, that's exactly what we have." He replied.

He put his hand under my chin and lifted my face just enough so our lips met. His were soft and warm. I savored every moment, every kiss. I moved my hands up his chest and around to the back of his neck. What started as slow sweet kisses soon turned into ones filled with passion. He moved closer to me closing the already small distance. Without breaking away he lifted me off the bench seat, cradling in his arms. Everything was perfect.

He carried me the short distance to the ornately carved, four poster bed, and set me down on the edge of the bed, finally breaking away. He looked down at me, and I could feel my face flush. After all this time he could still make me blush, he probably would always be able to do that though. I moved my hands unbuttoning his shirt as I went, and when I got the top button undone he shrugged of the shirt and it fell to the floor. Logan grabbed the hem of my top and pulled it over my head tossing it to the side, and then continued kissing me the way he was before, slowly pushing me back onto the bed so he was hovering over me. Then he broke away one more time to say, "I love you Rory Gilmore."

"I love you to Logan Huntzberger." And then I pulled his lips to mine.

***

We laid tangled in sheets. Logan had his arm wrapped around me holding me tight. My hand was laying on his chest and I stared at the ring on my finger. It really was something.

"So..." I started.

"Yeah." He said, and I could hear the smile on his face without even looking up at him.

"The ring?" I asked.

"Do you not like it? We can always get a new one." He replied, a hint of worry entering his voice.

I propped myself up on my arm. "No! Not at all. You just...you had it on you." I said, a little confused.

"Yeah because I'm a bit pathetic." He said with a chuckle. "I've been carrying it around for months, I was finally bringing it home to just stick it back in the safe, since I wasn't sure what you wanted. You started to become distant and...I don't know. I didn't want to pressure you and scare you off again." He said.

"You've been carrying it around for months?" I asked.

"Like I said, pathetic." He replied.

"You're not. I can't believe you held onto it all these years." I said.

"Well, it was your ring. It was never supposed to go to anyone else. So I wasn't going to take it back to the jeweler and have them sell it to somebody else." He said.

"Well, I guess we have some planning to do then huh?" I asked.

"I guess we do." He replied, sitting up in bed. "I guess the first question would be a short or long engagement?"

"We have been together for ten years off and on. I don't see a reason for a long engagement. So I think six months at most. No to short, not to long, and it gives us enough time to plan." I said.

"So let's see." He said, doing the math in his head, "That would put us in December?"

"We could move it up, do it before the first snow." I said.

"It gives us more options, but it's up to you." Logan said.

"November? I asked, "A fall wedding?"

"November's good." He said, smiling.

I laughed and Logan could see that I was finding something funny. "Gonna let me in on the joke Ace?"

"It's just, Mom and Luke had a fall wedding also, it's just funny. November it is though." I said.