19

My due date came, and then it went right on by. In the last couple weeks we had made up meals together that could be stored in the fridge, and then heated up quickly. Sookie had dropped of food, Grandma had been calling periodically, I had moved into what people call the "nesting" phase.

I walked into the nursery and opened the blackout curtains that Luke had hung last time he was here. He had finally adjusted to the fact that I wasn't a little girl anymore, and that there was a new little girl coming into the world. She was suppose to be here already.

I looked out the window down at Central Park below and placed my hands on my basketball shaped stomach. She was still right now, sleeping. Thank goodness to, she was so big now that we could see when she was moving, and it made me ten times more uncomfortable. I walked over to where the laundry basket was sitting on top of the dresser. There was a couple more pieces that needed to be folded and put away, and now seemed a good a time as any.

"What 'cha doing Ace?" Logan said walking into the nursery wearing dark jeans and a white V-neck t-shirt.

"Just putting the last couple things away." I replied setting the clothes in the drawer and closing it.

"You should be resting." He said setting the empty basket on the floor.

"I've been resting for weeks, and she's past her due date anyway. It's time to come out." I said with a chuckle, rubbing my stomach.

"She probably just likes it in there." He said, joining in my laughter.

"Well, I'm glad she's comfortable, but I'm not." I replied.

"How about a walk through the park?" He asked.

"Fresh air sounds good." I said and we walked out of the room.

***

Mom had practically moved into our guest bedroom in the past week, so she could be here when the baby came. Michele had been put in charge until further notice and Luke was watching over the renovations at the Annex.

We walked through the park, hand in hand. The sun was high in the sky with it being mid-day. People moved at all different paces around us. It was mainly shaded by the cover of trees but in different spots the sun still shone through. Some were out for an afternoon jog, some had children with them, a pair of little old women sat on the benches, feeding the birds.

"So...I know we've really put it off but, do you want to talk names?" Logan asked.

"Well, I've had some ideas. But, I haven't liked any of them." I responded.

"Oh yeah." He said, "Like what?"

"There was the obvious choice of another Lorelai. But that's been done, so I didn't want to do that again. Then there was naming her Emily after my Grandma, but I wasn't sure there. Then I turned to the online database of names and still couldn't find anything that I really cared for." I said watching the kids run around the park as we walked. "What about you, any thoughts?"

"Well, I did have an idea..." He started.

"Okay, care to share with the class Huntzberger?" I said with a chuckle.

"I was thinking...Sandra Aurora Gilmore-Huntzberger." He said.

I let the name sink in for a minute before the name fully registered. "Sandra?" I asked with a small smile crossing my lips.

"Sandra." He said smiling back.

"As in from The Long Morrow." I replied and then stopped walking placing my free hand on my stomach.

"Ace, you okay?" He said stopping beside me.

"Yeah, she's just moving. I just need a minute." I said.

"Let's sit. We've been walking for a while." He said, pulling me over to a bench. "I thought it was a good idea for her name. I feel that it just represents so much for us. We were separated by a whole ocean, you in the states and I was in London working for the family company, and you know the only reason I was in the engagement was due to family obligation. But, my heart was always here, always with you. Just like Douglas and Sandra. In my heart I was always waiting for you, and I would have continued waiting if we hadn't ran into each other back in London. So what do you think?" He asked after his explanation.

I had to wipe the tears away that were starting to form in my eyes, and then I spoke, "It's a wonderful idea. Why Aurora?"

"You said you didn't want to do Lorelai. But, with Aurora her nickname could still be Rory, if you wanted." He said, answering my question.

"Its all great. I love it all..." I started

"Rory? What's wrong." Logan asked worried.

"Nothing, expect...my water just broke." I said looking up at him. "It's time."